We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockton

Which Stockton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Stockton

Are there any areas to stay away from in the Stockton area?

Any recommendations for a hotel?

Thanks

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
1. Re: Stockton

Stockton has become a big ol' spawlin' city and probably contains every chain hotel and restaurant in existance. Not sure about the "bad" areas (altho' I'm sure there are some), but we like the northwestern area, exit Benjamin Holt Dr. from Frwy #5 and head west to where the Marina is. There's a golf course and a couple of parks in that area as well. Maybe someone can recommend a hotel around there.

If you don't need to be right in Stockton, I think you should consider staying in Lodi, which is only about 15 min. north of Stockton. I highly recommend an inn called Wine and Roses (www.winerose.com). It's really a delightful place with patios and lush plantings and a restaurant that's located in a vintage house. The Lodi Wine and Visitors Ctr. is also on the premises. Lodi has a number of wineries you can visit and a beautiful residential district of old homes and large trees. It's "small town USA" while Stockton is very much a big city.

Aurora, Colorado
2. Re: Stockton

If you are planning an extended stay in Stockton, I recommend the ExtendedStay America hotel on March Lane and I5. They have fully equipped kitchens, and wireless Highspeed internet. Their rates for both weekly and nightly stays are more than reasonable for what they offer. They are also pet friendly and the staff is wonderful! I plan on going back there on my next trip!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
3. Re: Stockton

Wine and Roses is definitely lovely! There are some fantastic wine tastings and downtown Lodi has some brew pubs, coffee houses and antique shopping, among other things!

carson city
4. Re: Stockton

you kniow i stayed at the Knights Inn in stockton it was in a good area and the price was good i got a full kitchen abd free internet for about 295.00 for a 7 day stay.

carson city
5. Re: Stockton

you kniow i stayed at the Knights Inn in stockton it was in a good area and the price was good i got a full kitchen abd free internet for about $295.00 for a 7 day stay.

Stockton, CA
reviews: 43
6. Re: Stockton

You don't mention what kind of hotel, price range, when you are planning your visit, or length of stay, so I will offer a few suggestions. Depending on when you are coming makes a difference.

Currently, some of the larger hotels are undergoing renovation and name changes, so your reservation may be a little difficult. The hotel formerly known as the Radisson Hotel is currently under renovation and temporarily called the Stockton Grand Hotel and will become the Stockton Hilton in 2009. The Stockton Sheraton recently changed its name to the Lexington Park Waterfront Hotel. It is only one year old. The Holiday Inn just became a Ramada Inn.

For visiting purposes, I would suggest a hotel along March Ln around I-5. Choices to pick from here include the Stockton Grand, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Quality Inn, Extended Stay America, Courtyard, and Residence Inn. There are plenty of restaurants in this area to choose from and quite close to many places to shop.

The Lexington Park (Sheraton) is quite beautiful and right next to the Stockton Arena and Ballpark in downtown Stockton. The location, though, is a bit isolated from many restaurants and is pretty devoid of shopping.

The Ramada (Holiday Inn) is on March Ln. so accessible to restaurants and shopping, but located right next to a Food 4 Less that some people find a little off-putting.

Red Roof Inn (I-5) and Hampton Inn (highway 99) are convenient to the freeway, but not near many food or shopping venues.

7. Re: Stockton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 14, 2009