Are you going to stay at the Olympic Village Inn? I assume you have 2 rooms. Each room sleeps 4.
This is a timeshare resort with 1 bedroom and living area with a sofa bed and kitchette. They are small units, but we spend most of our time outside.
Call 1-2 weeks before to request a 1st floor unit. There are patio tables you can use in front of the units (800-845-5243 or 530-581-6000). The units on the 2nd and 3rd floors have small balconies. I like the rooms near the rec building, #120-128.
They have an orientation meeting early in the week to review what to do.
On your way to Squaw, stop in Truckee to pick up groceries. There is a Save Mart and CVS on 89, about 20 mins from OVI. You may want to get food for Breakfast, Dinner, drinks and snacks. There is a small refrigerator in the room.
Things to do:
1. Bike ride to River Ranch. They have free bikes to use. There is a bike trail from Squaw along the Truckee river to River Ranch. You can have lunch there on the deck and watch the rafters exit.
2. Rafting. This is a gentle float down the Truckee river from Tahoe City to River Ranch. You can park across the street from River Ranch and they will bus you to the start point. Bring a cooler with drinks and snacks.
3. Hiking. There is a nice hike out the back door to Shirley Lake. Check with the Activities desk if they have a group trip planned. For a longer hike you can go from the lake up to High Camp and then take the tram down.
4. View. Drive down the West side of the lake to Emerald Bay. Get there before 10am on weekends otherwise parking can be an issue. There is a short hike down to Vikingsholm http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=506
5. BBQ. There are BBQ grills for use near the pool and picnic tables.
6. South Shore. After a quick stop at Emerald Bay, you can continue the drive to get to South Shore.
7. Places to Eat. There are some good restaurants in the Village at Squaw. Rockers has a nice patio with a view of the moutain. Rosie's Cafe in Tahoe City is a good choice for breakfast or lunch.
On the West side of the lake Sunnyside is a good choice for lunch with lake side diining.
8. Shopping. There are some nice shops in Truckee and Tahoe City.
9. Historic Towns: Truckee is the closest. You could also check out the The Emigrant Trail Museum, located at Donner Memorial State Park near Truckee. It depicts the history of the area and the people who came into this part of the Sierra, including local Native Americans
10. Swimming. OVI has a pool for lap swimming and 5 hot tubs. They also have a work-out gym with equipment. There is a large pool for swiming at the top of the Squaw tram at High Camp. You can also have luch up there after a short hike. Lake Tahoe is too cold to swim in. There are some nice beaches around the lake.
11. Wine Tasting. There is a wine bar in the Village at Squaw. You should check to see if there are any other wine tasting events while your are there.