We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski at Squaw Valley

Which Squaw Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Ski at Squaw Valley

I'm spending 4 days at Squaw Valley, skiing for 3 days. Will be staying at The Village at Squaw Valley.

I'm looking to rent ski. Can I get rental rates below $28 a day?

9 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 340
1. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

I would guess not at Squaw Valley. The resorts always charge more for convenience. How are you getting there and where are you coming from?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

You can likely find something close to that rate for really basic gear at the shops in Truckee like Granite Chief, Tahoe Dave's, etc. But that means you have to get the gear on your arrival, return on departure or make a special trip to return it. Pretty likely you'll burn an extra rental day in there and blow your savings. But it's worth checking.

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

I'm coming from Napa Valley

California
reviews: 12
4. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

Are you driving from Napa to Squaw? If ye,s then instead of exiting 80 to go on 89 south to Squaw take the next exit, 186 Central Truckee. When you go through the traffic circle you will need to go to the far side as if you would have taken a left turn. This will be Donner Pass Road. When you get to 10200 Donner Pass Road that's Tahoe Dave's. You can get all your gear and be ready to go the next day for skiing. No waiting in long Squaw lines on your first ski day.

http://www.tahoedaves.com/

You can ge back to the freeway going west on 80 and then exit to 89 and head south to Squaw. This will be super easy. If you are taking the train or something, Tahoe Dave's is 1/10th of a mile from the Amtrak Station.

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

Thank you Suzie-travels. This is excellent!

just checked out the rental at Tahoe Davs, definitely cheaper than those offered at Squaw Valley

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

I've been checking the website of Squaw Valley for the lift tickets.

Any advice where to get discounted rate?

My family and I are skiing for 3 days at Squaw Valley, Dec 23-25

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 39
7. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

keep checking back at these two sites. Sliding on the Cheap hasn't been updated for this season yet, but I suspect they will soon.

http://www.liftopia.com/

slidingonthecheap.com/deals/Squaw_Valley_USA…

If you are a beginner, sometimes the best deal is the beginner package which includes rentals/lessons/limited lift ticket.

Edited: 7:45 pm, November 24, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

Thank you Cintagreen.

I had previously been offered an Early Bird deal by the lodging company that helped book my apartment at Squaw valley, $72/day.

I wasnt prepared to commit!

Of course, the price has gone up now....:(

I'll keep checking on those website, hope to get something competitive

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Ski at Squaw Valley

I saw the website of Squaw Valley that says early season lift tickets going for $84 per day per adult.

Is that reasonable?

Reply to: Ski at Squaw Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted