We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to stay at Resort at Squaw Creek - Qs for 4 adults

Which Squaw Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 34
Planning to stay at Resort at Squaw Creek - Qs for 4 adults

We are two young couples travelling to lake tahoe for the first time. None of us have skiied before. My wife and the other couple might take a lesson or two.

Our budget is around $700-$800 for three nights for both couples together.

My wife wanted to stay higher up in the mountains with a good view. I think the resort at squaw creek appears to have that. But if we go for this hotel, we might have to book the fireplace suite($259/day) and one couple has to sleep in the sofa bed (whatever that is). Individual rooms at resort at squaw creek will be too expensive for us.

On the alternative the B and B - shore house on the lake - has individual rooms at $142/night which is within our budget. It is close to the lake and has some lake views. Pro is that we have an individual room for each couple. Con- no view from the hills.

Any other places in the above mentioned price range that can offer some good mountain views and still close to the lake. Skiing is not a top priority for us.

Any suggestions welcome? Will the fireplace suite have less privacy?

2 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Planning to stay at Resort at Squaw Creek - Qs for 4 adults

Aren't you going in May? With the snow volume being so low skiing may be very limited or unavailable. Looks like closing date is scheduled for May 8th. Lokks like you'll gt there in time but again the snow may not be very good since it's not very deep.

Edited: 11:27 am, April 03, 2012
California
reviews: 12
2. Re: Planning to stay at Resort at Squaw Creek - Qs for 4 adults

Well I didn't really answer your questions at all.

The Resort at Squaw Creek is nice and would have good views because it is in the beautiful Squaw Valley but not near the lake. Are you aware that there is a daily resort fee of around $20? The resort itself is really nice however. The resort will have far more amenities than the B&B in Tahoe City but the B&B will give each couple their own bed.

Sleeping for 3 nights on a sleeper sofa may not be my idea of a good time but as you say you are young couples. I’d certainly want to pay less for the bad night’s sleep though. If you stay there you should all agree in advance how the sleeping situation will work.

Maybe Northstar would have a better deal for two couples in May.

Reply to: Planning to stay at Resort at Squaw Creek - Qs for 4 adults
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted