California Costal to San Fransico

California Coastal Drive

So far we have narrowed our trip in Oct to the below...I am looking for hotel names along our way! All we are looking for would be really a place to lay our heads and then up and tour again in the morning. Although in SF we will be there for the Fri-Mon departure out of SF airport.

Arriving in LA... Monday, drive to Santa Barbara stay one night....Then Tue head along to Cambria/San Simon stay 2 nights......Thur drive to Montery stay again one night then Fri off to SF and stay there until the Monday departure....3 nights in SF......

Things we are thinking about during our coastal drive...Maybe let me know thoughts on these....Day 1....Venice?....Shoreline cafe in Santa Barbara and any other ideas????.......Day 2..Pisom Beach(maybe Dune Buggies) Day 3 ...Hearst Castle, Drive to Pfiffer beach, Big sur, 17 mile beach..Then to Monterey not sure ideas????Then we should arrive in SF.....This is just some ideas in the works so feel free to give your personal insight, maybe we are missing something, or should change what are your thoughts????Restaurant ideas, hotels....Car rental from La to SF and then drop off in SF as I don't think we will need it in SF....Thanks ahead

I would love to have some positive feedback for hotels and sights if we missed anything. Restaurants we must check out in any of these area??? Thanks ahead.