We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma Bike Rentals

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, tx
reviews: 96
Sonoma Bike Rentals

My wife and I are staying in Forestville, Ca in a couple of weeks. I have heard it is a fantastic area to cycle, so I thought I would rent a bike for 2 days and get up early and do a ride before my wife wakes up and gets motivated.

I have been told of two places to rent road bikes: 1) Wine Country Bikes and 2) Spoke Folk Cyclery. Any advantage to using one or the other (i.e. quality of bike).

Since I am staying in Forestville, would like help with 2 routes from there. One would be going out to the coast and the other through winery areas. Looking for a 30-40 mile ride with a little challenge.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
1. Re: Sonoma Bike Rentals

Both of the rental/tour co's you mentioned are popular, but I don't have direct experience witht their equipment. You may which to call each and get more specific info. prior to your trip. They will both have some good suggestions/maps of routes that will match your criteria, too. I love the Wohler Rd. (from River Rd.) to Westside Rd. route. Westside Rd. will take you thru countryside that is absolutely gorgeous (forest, vineyards) and the road is lined with picturesque wineries you can stop at. You can go all the way to Healdsburg from the Forestville area that way; maybe a 25 mi. R/T(?) For a challenging ride (very steep in parts) to the ocean, Coleman Valley from Occidental to the coast takes you thru open pastureland and rolling hills with some wonderful views. You'll feel like you've been swept back in time to a much calmer era in this little-changed environment of farms and open space.

2. Re: Sonoma Bike Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 16, 2009