We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery bookings

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Winery bookings

My husband and I are going to Napa/Sonoma for our first time in April - planning to stay at the El Dorado Sonomo or Hotel Healdsburg. Do we have to book wine tours in advance or can we drop in for tastings/tours?

Thanks!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
1. Re: Winery bookings

It's always best to check with each winery to see what their tour schedules are, so you won't end up having to wait around for the next tour. If you'll be touring one of the larger wineries on a weekend, it's really advisable to make advance reserv's. Also, many of the small, family-owned wineries give tours (and sometimes, tastings) by reserv. only. Once you know where you'd like to go, check their Websites for hrs and tour schedules. And your hotel should be able to provide you with some good, current info. as well. What I'd advise is making advance reserv's where necessary for those "must see" wineries, but then leaving your schedule as open and flexible as possible so you'll have plenty of time to just relax and enjoy where you are w/o being tightly scheduled in every day.