We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay with mil?

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NH
reviews: 1
Place to stay with mil?

My husband, mother-in-law, and I are headed to Sonoma in July. We plan to spend a day or two wine tasting and one day at a Jazz festival. Have seen some great suggestions on this forum, so I am hoping someone can help me out with reccomendations....

for a hotel or B&B (we plan to share a room and will be out most of the day... hope to find someplace with a great breakfast that is not going to break the bank)

any particular vineyards or restaraunts not to be missed?

Thanks so much!

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
1. Re: Place to stay with mil?

What kind of budget are you talking about?

Here's two restaurant extremes:

In-N-Out Burger at Rohnert Park (delightful and unique California fast food chain on a standard theme for about $5pp)

Madrona Manor in Healdsburg (5 star restaurant with ambiance that will wow you at maybe $50pp)

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
2. Re: Place to stay with mil?

What kind of wine do you like? I have a fixation for zinfandels and you can do a search for all previous posts of that on this forum.

NH
3. Re: Place to stay with mil?

guess I should have been more specific...

we are all really excited about great food, I am hesitant to put a price b/c some great places are not the most expensive,

but really there is no budget for food. Not looking for any chain like places though. Restaraunts unique to the area... for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

will look into the Madrona Manor. Thanks.

Hoping to expand our appreciation of wine. I like sirah, chardonnay, and cabs, but am eager to explore.

is it possible to find a nice room for $200 a night?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
4. Re: Place to stay with mil?

Tell us a bit more: which jazz festival will you be attending? Is it perhaps the Green Music Festival at Sonoma State, or maybe the Cline Jazz Fest at the Cline Family Winery? There seem to be any number of jazz/music festivals going on in Sonoma County in July! Madronna Manor is a beautiful Victorian mansion surrounded by gardens and has an exceptional restaurant as well, so Darth is right that it would be a very memorable place to stay. It's loc'd on the edge of the very attractive town of Healdsburg which has numerous wineries, top-notch restaurants and upscale shops in the area. However, if your jazz festival is at the south end of the County, it's a rather long drive (with potentially a good deal of traffic in July) as Healdsburg is at the northern end. Since I'm assuming you'll want to spend all nites at the same inn, it would be a good idea to first decide on an area you want to be in. Let us know and then more helpful ideas will follow.

NH
5. Re: Place to stay with mil?

I hadn't factored in traffic- most important!

we are going to the Cline Festival, which is in the south?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
6. Re: Place to stay with mil?

Yes, Cline Winery (www.clinecellars.com) is at the far so. end of the Sonoma Valley, in the Carneros wine region, an exceptional area for fine wines and tasting experiences. (Cline produces an absolutely wonderful Viognier!) But due to the location, you prob. want to stay in/near the city of Sonoma which is just to the north of Cline. The one B&B I really like in Sonoma is the Hidden Oak Inn (www.hiddenoakinn.com) loc'd on E. Napa which is just a block from the central Plaza, and so you're able to walk to cafes/restaurants, shops, entertainment and historical sites. But I fear that since July is such a popular time, the few rooms at Hidden Oak may already be booked. A good site to look for B&B's is www.sonomabb.com, offered by the Bed and Breakfast Assoc. of the Sonoma Valley. Also, www.sonoma.com can be a helpful site to look at.

Aside from Cline, visit Gloria Ferrer Winery which is not far no. of Cline on Hwy. #121. They're a sparkling wine producer. IF you have time, try and visit the Cornerstone Festival of Gardens almost directly across the hwy from Gloria Ferrer. It has the most unique, creative, and surreal design gardens (most are NOT plants) and an incredibly fun place to visit. Schug Winery is just N/W of Gloria Ferrer and makes a very good Pinot. Viansa is just so. of Cline and has a great view, nice gift store, food, as well as wine tasting, but it can get very crowded as it's a major stop for the tours. Visit Ravenswood loc'd in a very pretty area of oaks off Gehricke Rd., just N/E of the Sonoma Plaza. Buena Vista Winery off Old Winery Rd. is worth a stop just to see their beautiful old stone bldg's. They have a large tasting facility too. If you go as far no. as the Glen Ellen area, be sure to visit Imagery and Arrowood wineries, right off Hwy #12 along the same driveway. Great wine and beautiful views. Imagery also has an art gallery on-site.

Restaurants in Sonoma: Girl and the Fig and the General's Daughter. Unique names for 2 very outstanding dining experiences with beautiful decor as well.

NH
7. Re: Place to stay with mil?

WOW, thanks for all the suggestions! the wineries, restaraunts, and garden sound great! will surely be a treat ...

NH
8. Re: Place to stay with mil?

if only I find a place to stay- many are already booked :o