We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early do shops open?

Which Solvang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 1
how early do shops open?

Hi All-

I'm taking a roadtrip up the coast and wanted to in Solvang for breakfast this Friday the 26th.

I'll be arriving about 9:30 or 10am. Does anyone know if the shops will be open for us to walk around and do some light shopping.

Trinkets, mementos, etc.

Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: how early do shops open?

We love the Solvang Bakery, and know they are open at 7 am every day of the week.

http://solvangbakery.com/

Most of the shops open late, around 10 am and close around 6 PM. You should be fine.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
2. Re: how early do shops open?

I called a friend that has a store up there....

Most if not all stores will be open by 10 on a weekday.

If one of your favorite stores isn't quite ready to open just go to the bakery that CAnative pointed out and enjoy a cup of coffee and a tasty danish.

Dr. Z

los angeles
3. Re: how early do shops open?

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Very helpful.

Solvang here I come!

:-)

Solvang, California
4. Re: how early do shops open?

You can find out more about Solvang at the Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau website which lists all the dining, shopping, wine & beer tasting rooms in Solvang, plus museums to visit and more. http://SolvangUsa.com

los angeles
5. Re: how early do shops open?

Thank you so much!

Van Nuys CA
reviews: 23
6. Re: how early do shops open?

I was recently there on a weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, many restaurants were open as early as 8:00am but the shops didn't open until later. However, pretty much everything in Solvang shuts down at 5:00pm. A few shops and bakeries stayed open until 6:00pm, but the restaurants were only open until 8:00pm or so. 3 miles away in Buellton, Pea Soup Andersen's was open until 10:00pm.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
7. Re: how early do shops open?

Lots and lots of breakfast places in Solvang (several great bakeries; danishes; pancakes with various berries, you'll have lots of choice).

Nearly everything open by 10 am as people have said. Lots of parking. The street with the windmill (Alisal) has lots of well-established shops and at the corner of Alisal and Copenhagen is Rasmussen's (great souvenirs) and behind Rasmussen's are some shops devoted to collectors of various things (like dolls and clocks and stuff). Solvang has lots of clocks. Mortensen's and Birkholm's (Alisal and Copenhagen respectively) are both good bakeries. Both have takeaway counters, Birkholm's for sure also has sit down service (and I think they serve regular breakfasts too)

Reply to: how early do shops open?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted