We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

Which Solvang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 3
Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

How close in distance are these two hotels? They look like they are across the highway, maybe 5-7 minutes?

Any advice on other hotels that are reasonable. The Days Inn looks horrible in the reviews that are recent.. Our friends want to stay there. Price difference is 89 for Days Inn...vs 185 for Marriott. Thanks!!

4 replies to this topic
Southern California
reviews: 1
1. Re: Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

The Marriott is in Buellton, which is only about 2 miles from Solvang, I am not familiary with the Days Inn, I have stayed at the Marriott but not recently, it is a nice hotel, off the Highway 246 so quiet, short drive (or you could walk to either Pea Soup Anderson's or for dinner to The Hitching Postt #2.

california
reviews: 14
2. Re: Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

We stayed at the Days Inn and it is alright for just a night. It was a few years ago and we haven't been back. It is a motel so make sure you get a room that doesn't face 101. I'm not sure on the distance but Buelton is fairly small.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

There is a ton of difference in both quality and amenities between any Days Inn and any Marriott. I would fully expect the two to be priced differently.

The only Days Inn I ever attempted to stay at was outside Atlanta and it smelled of pesticide so badly we left.

There are a number of lodging options in the Solvang/Buellton area. If you want a decent budget option see if there is a Best Western or Holiday Inn in the area. (I think the motel at Pea Soup Andersen's is a Best Western. I've stayed there and was quite happy.)

Avila Beach...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez

If you are referring to the Day's Inn in Buellton (the Windmill Inn from Sideways) the two hotels are indeed across the freeway from each other, a couple of miles apart. I've stayed in both - the Day's Inn is a strange little accomodation (i.e. one wing has balconies that directly face the wall of another wing), but if you're looking for something cheap, it will do. The Marriot is okay, in my opinion the rooms aren't spectacular but it is a nice property with a pool, bar and restaurant on site etc. Eat at the Hitching Post if you want to splurge - within walking distance and steaks are spectacular.Or venture into Solvang for a larger choice of accomodations - a few miles off the freeway.

Reply to: Days Inn Solvang and Marriott Santa Ynez
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Solvang