We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

Which Solvang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

Hi, I am visiting Solvang around Christmas. I have a friend who

told me the last time she stayed in Solvang, the whole family

cannot sleep at night . She said because it is a small town, there

are a lot of cars on the road, and also the restaurant opens late

and people like to dine outside. I was wondering if Bulleton

would be better then. We just want to make sure we get some

rest at night so we can continue our tour next morning.

Is there anything to do around Bulleton.

I really appreciate any input you can give me

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
11. Re: should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

I'm one who would stay in Santa Barbara. I think the Motel 6 by the beach, (there are more than one) is really a nice location and good choice. Check out the video.

So much to do in SB and you are across from the ocean.

motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx…

Los Angeles
reviews: 19
12. Re: should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

I agree with you about SB. If you have a long weekend or several days to spend in the area, you can combine sights to see in SB and a short road trip to Solvang, Santa Ynez, and Los Olivos. I believe there are "wine tours" that leave Santa Barbara and take you up to the Santa Ynez-Los Olivos vinyards. If someone is interested in California Mission history, they can visit beautiful Missions in Santa Barbara, Solvang, and Lompoc.

I will have to check out the Motel 6 in Santa Barbara. Thanks for the info.

M. Kelly

New Orleans...
reviews: 3
13. Re: should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

Thanks for the advice. We are considering a trip in July..Our friends are insistent on staying at the Days Inn Windmill, but the reviews are horrible!! We are looking at the Santa Ynez Marriott, but it is way more expensive, but probably worth it. Are they close by in distance? We will have one car and they will have it, so will pick us up, etc. Thanks for any and all advice!

Avila Beach...
reviews: 6
14. Re: should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

I would definitely not recommend staying at Days Inn. If you want to see it go take a look but no need to stay there. EVERYTHING in Buellton is close by so the Marriott is only a couple of blocks away and it is a nice hotel. If you want to splurge on dinner the Hitching Post is very good (also close by!)

15. Re: should we stay in Solvang or Bulleton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Solvang