We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US-101(N) to Lompoc... CA-1 or CA-246?

Which Solvang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 117
US-101(N) to Lompoc... CA-1 or CA-246?

I'm going to be travelling north along US-101 from Los Angeles to Lompoc.

It seems there is very little difference in time or mileage between taking CA-1 (at Las Cruces) and CA-246 (at Buellton) so I wondered if anyone had an opinion on which would provide the nicer driving experience.

Thank you.

Santa Ynez Valley
reviews: 1
1. Re: US-101(N) to Lompoc... CA-1 or CA-246?

Definitely take Highway 1 to get to Lompoc....it is a more direct route to Lompoc and the drive is much more scenic through rolling hills that are just starting to turn an emerald green from the first growth of spring.

Directions are 101 North which will take you through Santa Barbara then parallels the Pacific Ocean then bends inland at Gaviota. You will go through a tunnel and about 2 miles after it you will see the exit for Highway 1.

Enjoy your visit,

Brett

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: US-101(N) to Lompoc... CA-1 or CA-246?

My husband sometimes runs the Valley of the Flowers half Marathon in Lompoc (lom-poke) in June. Lovely time of year. Coming from LA we drive the CA-1 heading north in the morning from SB to Lompoc as we to like it best. The drive is through farm and ranch land.

After the race we head home on CA 246. There are some vineyards and wineries on 246, and so if time allows and you want to make some stops, I'd choose that route. Other difference, it's flatter.

3. Re: US-101(N) to Lompoc... CA-1 or CA-246?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 12, 2012