We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Rock Resort

The real Northern...
White Rock Resort

I stayed at White Rock Resort in Sept of 2008. I don't travel very often and was looking forward to this visit to Northern Calif and Southern Oregon. My experience was much less than expected for the $190.00 per night fee, two night minimum with a third night free. The cabins are basically mobile homes made to look like cabins and the unit we had was pretty hammered. The windows were somewhat transparent with water spotting, window coverings missing, paneling and flooring was well worn. We even had power flickering on and off not weather related. I think it must have been a loose ground to the power box.

When we checked in we had to sign this disclaimer that we were responsible for any and all damage including a full replacement of the spa lid if we broke it. When we got to the cabin we went to check out the clean sanatized hot tub. When I pulled the descrintating spa lid out of the spa I could see sand or something through the murkey water. No way was I getting in there. The next day we were told that the owner had plans on remodeling later this year.

Other than that, the location was pretty cool and centrally located to do the day trips we planned. By the way, we let them have their third night free back. It just wasn't worth the experience.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
1. Re: White Rock Resort

Hi and welcome to TA. It would be great if you could do a review of your experience. This resort gets occasional enquiries both here and on the Oregon forum, but does not yet have any reviews about it.

You could just copy and paste your remarks above - really easy!

Click on this link, fill in the name, then follow directions for Option #2.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
2. Re: White Rock Resort

Sorry, meant to say, click on Hotel, then fill in the name ;-)

3. Re: White Rock Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Smith River
Recent Conversations