We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance to Seal Beach

Which Seal Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 15
Walking distance to Seal Beach

How many minutes is it walking to Seal Beach from Hampton Inn & Suites? I have a 10 year old and 13 year old.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 157
1. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Two miles, about 40 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

PS we have taxis here in Southern California. It won't be that expensive. You would want to bring a cellphone or reserve the return trip.

Edited: 11:17 pm, June 14, 2010
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
2. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

You can also take a bus on Pacific Coast Highway.

Vancouver, Canada
3. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Okay, thanks for the info., I thought it would be a lot closer. Can you recommend a reasonable hotel that's witin 10 - 15 minutes walking distance then?

california
Destination Expert
4. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Does it have to be Seal Beach? I think the only option in that case is The Pacific Inn which has decent reviews on Trip Advisor.

You might also consider the Best Western in Sunset Beach or further down there are hotels in Huntington Beach.

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Is Sunset Beach closer to Long Beach Airport than Seal Beach? And from what I have been reading, the reviews indicate that Seal Beach is a good family beach.

california
Destination Expert
6. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Sunset Beach is just a few minutes farther down PCH than Seal Beach. Both beaches are nice, if a bit windy.

We get the June gloom (summer fog) conditions here, and the water isn't exactly warm. So you may want to be sure your hotel has a heated swimming pool.

Edited: 1:57 pm, June 16, 2010
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
7. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

I drove by the Pacific Inn today and it looked very nice. The web site information looks good too http://www.thepacificinn.com/.

Pacific Inn is just a few blocks from Seal Beach's Main Street and the Pier area. No problem walking. I would check it out. Hampton is closer to the freeway with nothing much around it.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 72
8. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

I don't know the area, but the difference shows up pretty well on Walkscore.com. Walkscore measures how easy it is to walk from a location to stores, restaurants, services, etc.--how close they are. On a 100 point scale, the Pacific Inn gets a walkscore of 91, which they call a "walkers' paradise." The Hampton Inn gets a walkscore of 54, which they call "somewhat walkable" and I call weak.

Vancouver, Canada
9. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

Thanks for informing me about walkscore.com, I'll have to check it out!

10. Re: Walking distance to Seal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 19, 2010