We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch in Sausalito?

Which Sausalito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, IL
reviews: 39
lunch in Sausalito?

We are going to San Francisco in the spring and plan to take the ferry over to Sausalito for a day. Can you recommend a good, but not horribly expensive place to have lunch? We're thinking sandwiches....

Sandy

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Great place is Fish. Their web site is hilarious and creative. Here's a link to the menuish portion.

http://www.331fish.com/food/index.html

For laughs click on their location. Looks like my kid did the map.

The Lighthouse cafe is casual and has sandwiches too.

lighthouse-restaurants.com/sausalito/menu.ht…

Bridgeway Cafe, nice views.

For dessert stop in to Lapperts for an ice cream. Close your eyes and imagine you are in Hawaii!!!

http://www.lapperts.com/

Peoria, IL
2. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Suzie,

Thanks so much :-) I'm going to check out the Fish website now!

Sandy

Peoria, IL
3. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Suzie... and the other suggestions you made. They all sound perfect :-)

Sandy

Sausalito...
reviews: 5
4. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Hi Sandy,

Suzie has excellent recommendations however I'd like to point out two things about Fish. It's a good 1.5 miles from the ferry. I'm a Sausalito local and that's quite a distance to walk. Fish has good food, but not that good. And I no longer go there, because it's too expensive.

The Lighthouse is a 10 minute walk at best, but the food is worth it. Owners are Danish, so food is slightly scandanavian in tone.

Cat n Fiddle (on Johnson St overlooking the yacht harbor) has good sandwiches, soup, fish n chips, etc, and it's closer than the Lighthouse.

There's also Hamburgers (near the No Name Bar)on Bridgeway, near Fish n Chips and Lappert's Hawaiian Ice Cream. All lumped together across and down Bridgeway St from the ferry. Lappert's is a must. Just about everyone will be walking around downtown Sausalito with an ice cream cone in their hand!

Have fun,

Leslie

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 6
5. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

If you are looking for brunch then go to Fred's. Locals swear by it but probably a 15-20 minute walk from the ferry.

Peoria, IL
6. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Leslie,

Thanks for all your great suggestions! We'll definitely keep distance in mind, as our time there will be limited. Cat n Fiddle sounds like a good bet, with soup and sandwiches, but not so far.

Best,

Sandy

PFriedland,

Thanks for the suggestion of Fred's. Always nice to have a recommendation of a restaurant enjoyed by locals.

Best,

Sandy

Sausalito...
7. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

Hi Sandy,

If time is of essence, then I recommend Hamburgers - basically across the street from the ferry landing. Lappert's is very close so the time issue is tidy. If you and company are European style walkers, then Cat n Fiddle is recommended - it's locals, rare for tourists to be there - and you get a nice sit down with a super view of yacht harbor, Tiburon and Belvedere across the water and a super variety of beers.And you can see some of Sausalito that tourists rarely see. The city (SF) view is in the opposite direction on Bridgeway. If you turn left from the Vina del Mar Park and walk about 1.5 blocks (just past the stop light at Princess St.) you will find a small pizza place (tad expensive, very touristy) and a deli (can't remember the name) that has tons of copper ware in its windows). The view is the one that's on the post cards - clear across the bay to San Francisco skyline. It's a wonderful walk down to the end - check out the huge homes perched on the hill. Very chic and awesome to see the first time.

Fred's is a very good place (better for breakfast) but it's almost a mile from the ferry. My family and I eat breakfast at Freds several times a month. Definitely fun - a popular place for serious bicyclists on any Sunday morning.Sausalito weather should be awesome in spring - bring a light jacket or windbreaker for the trip back on the ferry. The bay's pretty chilly.

If anything new opens in the meantime, I'll give you an update!

Leslie

minnesota
reviews: 76
8. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

I have one free night in San Francisco and would like to have dinner some place in Sausalito. Tell me where the BEST food is. Seafood or just super good.

minnesota
reviews: 76
9. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

I have one free night in San Francisco and would like to have dinner some place in Sausalito. Tell me where the BEST food is. Seafood or just super good.

Sausalito...
10. Re: lunch in Sausalito?

The Best dinner in Sausalito? That's a tough one because it so depends on what you find tasty. I'm assuming you have private transportation because the ferry does not run late enough in the evening to be able to return to SF after dinner. So, here are a few suggestions:

1. If a knockout view is important to dinner, then try The Spinnaker Resturant (http://www.thespinnaker.com/)

or 2. Scoma's (http://www.scomassausalito.com/)

You can check out their menus. Either will give you a more than satisfactory dinner with wonderful views.

3. If you prefer Southern Italian then I suggest Angelino's Restaurant at 621 Bridgeway. I don't think they have a website but I can check for their fone number if you want. There is a lovely view and the food is yummy.

4. If you would like a fairly true 4 course French dinner, then definitely Christophe's Restaurant is highly recommended. It's located away from the touristy downtown area but if you have a car, it's easy to find and plenty of good parking is available. Website is:

www.french-restaurant-marin.com/index.htm

5.Also highly recommended is a California cuisine restaurant called The Buckeye Roadhouse. Wonderful ribs, Dungeness crab salad or portobello mushroom lasagne - YUM! Check out their menu at http://www.buckeyeroadhouse.com/. The Buckeye is located just north of Sausalito - no view, but a lovely restaurant with lots of atmosphere.

All these resturants recommend reservations. I've eaten at all of these restaurants and each has it's own merits.

Hope these suggestions help and your experience in Sausalito is as spectacular as the view.

Leslie