We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Saratoga, or am I throwing $$ down the.......???

Which Saratoga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fair Oaks
Staying in Saratoga, or am I throwing $$ down the.......???

I'm another Mtn Winery concert-goer (in August)...I was completely scared off by the horrible reviews of the place I want to stay at --Saratoga Oaks---now I'm thinking Hilton Garden Inn in Cupertino...I haven't seen any post about Cupertino...ADVICE?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Staying in Saratoga, or am I throwing $$ down the.......???

Well, it's hard to go wrong with a Hilton, I guess. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott, and a Cypress Hotel (Kimpton) which AAA gives four diamonds. .thecypress hotel.com

I am surprised about Saratoga Oaks. I was looking at their website for a friend and it looked lovely.

California
reviews: 58
2. Re: Staying in Saratoga, or am I throwing $$ down the.......???

If you're talking about the Hilton Garden Inn on Wolfe at 280, I work across the street from it. Coworkers from out of town who have stayed there said it was fine. It's very close to the freeway and very "corporate". It's also a good distance from the winery and there are many places much closer. Have you tried the hotels in Los Gatos? The Toll House has always been highly recommended although I've only eaten there.

I'm also surprised by the reviews of Saratoga Oaks as it looks like a nice place. Big Basin Way is the main street through Saratoga village, but the speed limit is only like 25 mph and I can't imagine the traffic would be that noisy but who knows?

3. Re: Staying in Saratoga, or am I throwing $$ down the.......???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saratoga