We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balloon Festival/Indian Motorcycles Tomorrow in Santa Paula

Which Santa Paula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
Balloon Festival/Indian Motorcycles Tomorrow in Santa Paula

Who knew? It's the third annual Santa Paula Balloon Festival.

conejovalleyguide.com/local-events/3rd-annua…

This is something a Los Angeleno might want to do at the last minute. One can park near the train station in downtown Santa Paula and take a shuttle bus or just drive right to the place, which is on the east end of town (on the way to Fillmore).

They have wine/beer concessions, science exhibits and of course, balloon rides and races.

There's also a vintage Chevy and Indian motorcycle show tomorrow. I know it's last minute but if you're looking for something to do or are passing through the area anyway, worth checking out.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: Balloon Festival/Indian Motorcycles Tomorrow in Santa Paula

That sounds great,I may be near there tomorrow,and would like to see some old Indian motorcycles.

By the way,have you ever heard of gravity hill in Santa Paula? A guy at work told me about it.He grew up in Santa Paula.Your car will seem to roll uphill if you put it in neutral.Its an optical illusion,but who cares!!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
2. Re: Balloon Festival/Indian Motorcycles Tomorrow in Santa Paula

Yes - and it's not too far from where the balloon thing is. It's Toland Road (on the way to the landfill). There's a section where the road slopes downward, but the land around makes it appear to rise, so if you hit the right spot and ask passengers which way they'll roll, they always say the wrong way.

Toland Road is between Santa Paula and Fillmore, on the north side of the 126, near the Little Red School House (which is, I believe, the only still-functioning one room school house in California - I could be wrong, anyway it's not open tomorrow - just a landmark).

I think everyone who ever spent any time in Santa Paula knows about it - which gives you an idea of what a Back to the Future kind of town it is - I really believe the downtown has to be the model for the old fifties town (one of several, of course)

It's great riding a bike in that area, too.

3. Re: Balloon Festival/Indian Motorcycles Tomorrow in Santa Paula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Santa Paula