We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
akron ohio
Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Hello,

Myself and three other adults will be traveling to Santa Monica for 2 nights in October and are trying to get a hotel booked.. Based on our budget I have narrowed it down to Ocean View Hotel or Santa Monica at the Pier. We are looking to be a short walking distance from the Pier and some nice restaraunts. Can someone advise me which of these hotels are nicer? better location? or maybe a different hotel in the same price range of about 200- 250 per night?

Thanks so much for any help!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
1. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

The Wyndham recently took over the Holiday Inn and no renovations yet, but are planned. Ocean View Hotel is not ideal, but the location is great. Did you read all the recent reviews? Also look into the Palihouse which is offering great rates in October and opens in June. Look into The Shore Hotel, too.

It is something to book now, however, because October gets very busy with various conventions.

akron ohio
2. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Thanks for the advice- I did look into shore hotel which looks amazing but is unfortunately out of my price range:(

3. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:36 pm, May 10, 2013
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
4. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Be advised that the previous post is self-promotion - in an earlier post this person identified themselves as working for the Ocean View hotel, so take their recommendation with a grain of salt.

akron ohio
5. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Thank you for the heads up!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
6. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

I happen to be staying at the Wyndham now and can tell you that the location can't be beat. They've upgraded a little, but not a lot, but it is still a far better hotel than ocean view. Try to get a room away from the freeway.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 55
7. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

The Shore Hotel is sometimes offered on Hotwire.com at a discount. Look for the unnamed 4-star hotel in Santa Monica-Marina del Rey-Venice with the following amenities:

Oceanfront Property

Pool(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Good luck!

8. Re: Ocean View Hotel or Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 12, 2014