We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in early June

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Hotel in early June

I will be driving down the coast with my girlfriend in the second week of June and am looking to use Santa Monica as my home base to explore LA. We are 30 are live in New York City, so we definitely don't want to be surrounded by buildings. Does anyone know if the Shore Hotel, Fairmont, Loews, or any others run specials because I thought a budget of $300 might get me something but apparantly not. All I've seen are rates between 450-500 a night which I just cannot afford. We are considering a bit north called the channel road inn. Has anyone stayed there and can let me know how it is? It seems nice and has bike's for us to ride down toward the pier. Thank you.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Hotel in early June

There are usually no specials offered during prime tourist high season.

Channel Road Inn is quaint, near a few great restaurants (across the street), and a bit of a walk to shops and more restaurants in downtown SM. The bike path is right there and a great way to spend the day.

Also look into the Hotel California and Bayside Hotel.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Hotel in early June

What restaurants would you recommend?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Hotel in early June

What kind of restaurants do you seek? Where did you decide to book?

New York City, New...
4. Re: Hotel in early June

I am still unsure but most likely will go with the channel road inn. I don't mind riding a bike to get to the action.I'd like to have some great seafood.

Edited: 12:47 pm, April 04, 2013
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Hotel in early June

Across the street from the Channel Inn are Giorgio's, Sam's and Hungry Cat, with Delfini down the street. Hungry Cat is all seafood, the best in the area - you won't find better. For breakfast, head to Patrick's around the corner. Have a margarita at Marix next door.

Downtown SM has a plethora of restaurants, many of them specializing in seafood. Depends wher eyou end up staying.

6. Re: Hotel in early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014