We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night and 1 night

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
reviews: 4
1 night and 1 night

Hi all

Got a 1 night and 1 day stopover at LAX on way home from Mexico.

Been advised easier to get to Santa Monica than LA.

What are the must sees in the area,it will be mid December when were there ???

Thanks Craig

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
1. Re: 1 night and 1 night

LAX is the airport, and usually not used as a term for the city. LA is a huge city (and largely encircles Santa Monica). LA County even bigger. What are the hours involved? How do you plan to get around? Santa Monica is nice, though expensive. What are you looking to do? What's your budget? What are the must-sees in the entire area? Seriously? For me or for you? Look at the top questions on this page, and other online resources, etc., etc., etc.

Edited: 9:42 am, September 24, 2012
Chester, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: 1 night and 1 night

I know LAX is the airport.i would like to do all the Hollywood stuff but been advised on TA that journey time there and back too long for my time window.i land 4.30 pm and take off next day at 9pm so will need to be back at airport at 6.

I will use cabs for getting back and forward.

I would like to hire a bike and along the Venice boardwalk after that I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks again Craig

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
3. Re: 1 night and 1 night

Just trying to help with the LA vs. LAX thing (some people use airport terms for cities, and in some cases it make more sense). I think you're a bit ambitious in wha tyou can do in your limited time. Yours might-- might-- be one of the limited cases where staying near LAX in one of the many hotels you could get through Priceline or Hotwire might make sense, since you'd be unlkely to even get out of the airport before 5 (rush hour). You could that evening take a cab to Hollywood (about $55, by one online taxi fare estimator I looked at in the past), or take the Flyaway bus to Union Station and then subway to Hollywood, walking around at night. You won't have time to do "all the Hollywood stuff," if you also mean something like a studio tour (and there's only one such tour in Hollywood: Paramount; there's also a studio tour in Culver City at Sony and out in Burbank at Warner Bros.). Next day you could take a taxi or bus to Venice and rent a bike. At least staying near LAX you would have a place for your bags while going to the beach and Hollywood.

Edited: 3:02 pm, September 24, 2012
4. Re: 1 night and 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 14, 2013