We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions, help appriciated:-)

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 3
Some questions, help appriciated:-)

Hi everyone.

Me and my boyfriend are coming to Santa Monica on holiday the 15th - 24th of september. We are very close to the Santa Monica Pier, and I've planned most of our days with a lot of inspiration from Tripadvisor's forum. But still there's some questions i hope you guys could help me with.

1)We are sceduled to arrive at LAX 10.25. But our check-in at the hotel ia at 2.00 PM. What should we do with ourselves till then?

2) We would like to visit Six Flags Magic Mountains. How do we get there? Any Suggestions? We are not renting a car. So only puplic transportations is an option.

3)My birthsday's the 18th of sept. and I would like to go somewere special for dinner that night. I love seafood (not deepfried like at a fastfood joint) but there are so many seafood restaurants in Santa Monicia so I don't know what to choose.

4) Same night(my birthday the 18th) I would like to go out and dance with my boyfriend, but we are not to big on huge crowds, technomusic etc. So any suggestions for a cool place, with music like R'n'B and a cosy crowd? Our age is 27 and 29.

5)I imagine that we are going to Hollywood some of the days for daytrips. How do we get there,from Santa Monica Pier, so that we are near The Highland center, Kodak, Hollywood boulevard etc.

Well that's all from now, help is most welcomed. Thanx :-)

LA, CA
11. Re: Some questions, help appriciated:-)

I'm not really that into either, but I really think it's worth checking out. The Museum is perched on top off the Santa Monica mountains and offers a fantastic view of the city on a clear day. The best part is admission is free.

To get there from Santa Monica, using public transportation, just take the east bound 720 bus at the corner of 3rd & Wilshire. Get off at Wilshire and Westwood. Transfer to the northbound 761. Get off at Getty Center. There is a free monorail that takes you up to the museum.

Also, 1 Friday a month, they have an event called "Fridays Off the 405". It's an event geared toward 20/30 somethings with food, wine and a deejay. The museum opens until 9pm during this event. Not sure if it will be happening during your stay.

http://www.getty.edu/visit/

As for seeing sharks and stuff, your best bet would be Aquarium of the Pacific. The easiest way to get there is to take the Blue Line train from downtown. It will drop you off near Pine street in Long Beach which has lots of shops and restaurant. The Aquarium is about a 10-15 min walk from there. Long Beach also has the Queen Mary, so you might just wan to make a day of it.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/

LA, CA
12. Re: Some questions, help appriciated:-)

Opps....the first sentence of my post is supposed to say, "I'm not really that into art either".

Copenhagen, Denmark
13. Re: Some questions, help appriciated:-)

Hey everyone

Just wanted to thank you all, again, for the help and suggestions. We are leaving for SM fridaynight, and I'm so exited I can't sleep:-)

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
14. Re: Some questions, help appriciated:-)

Have a great time! Let us know how your trip goes.

15. Re: Some questions, help appriciated:-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 09, 2009