We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariscos? Fish Tacos?

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 16
Mariscos? Fish Tacos?

Hi

I love to listen to Michael Connelly´s audio books about Harry Bosch. It eases my california longing for a while.

I guess Connelly either loves or hates food, because there is a lot of restaurant name dropping.

Bosch always, at least once in every book, have a bite in some marisco stand, and that sounds really appetizing. Fish tacos doesn´t exist in Sweden, neither marisco stands.

We are going back to Santa Monica and Venice this summer.

Where can we find these cheap food stands? Do they exist?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Mariscos? Fish Tacos?

They are everywhere - especially in Santa Monica/Venice, along Lincoln Blvd.

Ask this question on chowhound.com to find local's favorites, or go to lataco.com where you'll find the address to every taco stand and truck that exists, pretty much.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Mariscos? Fish Tacos?

Our favorite is Tacos Por Favor, in Santa Monica on Olympic at 14th. They use the best ingredients ( roma tomatoes, chicken breast, no lard, etc.) and the tacos, sopas and enchiladas are amazing. There is seating but very casual and a bit noisy. Fresh salsas are made all day long. Be sure to order the Mexican Coke in the bottle (no high fructose corn syrup; much better then the US version).

3. Re: Mariscos? Fish Tacos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 23, 2009