We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz - what to do

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Santa Cruz - what to do

Hi,

We are travelling to Santa Cruz tomorrow from San Fran and want to explore the town. We've heard about the amusement pier area, pacific ave and the municipal wharf etc. is there anything else that we should see? Also let me know if the things I've mentioned can be missed.

We are a couple travelling together.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
1. Re: Santa Cruz - what to do

Here is a Santa Cruz article tripadvisor.com/Travel-g33048-c133677 I hope Puter sees your thread and can reply before you begin your trip.

I'd recommend driving down to Moss Landing / Elkhorn Slough to see the marine mammals. Even if you don't have much time, you can probably see them from the bridge or the pay parking lot. The sea lions are covering the pier in this photo: http://goo.gl/maps/NjK2R Maybe drive out Jetty Road.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
2. Re: Santa Cruz - what to do

Hi,

The article that PNW gave you a link to pretty well describes what to do in Santa Cruz. The Boardwalk is closed on weekdays during the winter; however, if you want, you can walk through it.

The monarch butterflies are here now in Natural Bridges State Park.

There is a boat tour of Elkhorn Slough, which she mentioned, which is wonderful for seeing sea life, if you have time. This is between Santa Cruz and Monterey at Moss Landing.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
3. Re: Santa Cruz - what to do

The only thing I can think of to add is if you find yourself in Capitola Village during your visit, stop in at Mr Toots for a coffee. It is a local institution and has great coffee. It is the kind of friendly place where you will find people hanging out with friends, studying, reading, etc.

4. Re: Santa Cruz - what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 26, 2014