We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would be preferable?

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 4
Which would be preferable?

Will be staying in Santa Cruz for 3 nights in September.

We were considering:

The cottage suite at the Sea and Sand Inn

OR

The Tower Suite at the Dream Inn.

Both will cost near enough to USD 1000 so they are

priced roughly the same.

Which would you recommend?

San Jose
reviews: 30
1. Re: Which would be preferable?

For the same price the Dream Inn would be the way to go. It is ocean-front, and very close to the municipal wharf and boardwalk. It was recently completely remodeled so everything should be fairly clean and nice.

Cork, Ireland
2. Re: Which would be preferable?

Thanks for the reply.

The room is a lot bigger in the Sean and Sand for the same price.

And I thought they were practically right next to each other, ie, both beach front?

California
reviews: 12
3. Re: Which would be preferable?

The Dream Inn is FAR superior to the Sea & Sand. The pool has food and beverage service along with incredible views.

If I had to choose between those two I would not even hesitate a single second. Dream Inn.

California
reviews: 12
4. Re: Which would be preferable?

Let me just clarify; we stayed at the Dream Inn last year- got a great rate. We thought it was a fabulous place. Can not afford to stay there this year but will stay nearby instead and not at the sea nad sand either.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
5. Re: Which would be preferable?

Yes, the Sea and Sand is just next door to the Dream Inn, both with the same views.

The Dream Inn is a hotel, bought by the Joie d'Vivre chain and completely rehabbed last year. Every room has either a patio or balcony with a water view.

http://www.dreaminnsantacruz.com/

The Sea and Sand is smaller and more personal. It is very popular. I do not know of their "cottage suite".

www.santacruzmotels.com/sea_and_sand.html

Given that they are the same price I would probably go with the Dream Inn.

Cork, Ireland
6. Re: Which would be preferable?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

7. Re: Which would be preferable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 12, 2010