We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 16
Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

Hi,

I'm planning a fly-drive honeymoon round Western California and am trying to find reaonably priced accomodation for 2 nights in Santa Barbara, I'd like to pay no more than $180 per night and would like somewhere fairly romantic. Every place i've found so far is either already booked, too pricey or too far away. Is there anywhere 'off the beaten track'?

Grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks.

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

... sounds like there's nothing left. Try The Eagle Inn, the Old Yacht Club Inn, the Upham. The Cabrillo Inn is plainly furnished but it's on the beach and is value priced. Then there are the small hotels. I'll look around. $180 per nite, and romantic in SB don't pair well. When are you coming?

Out of town... Have you tried Summerland, Solvang, Carpinteria or Ventura? Those are nearby communities that would be nice to stay in. Have you looked in Goleta or Buellton?

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 16
2. Re: Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

Thanks.

I've tried most of the places you mention but haven't tried the other towns. It certainly wouldn't be a problem if they're not too far away.

One place I did find late last night was The Franciscan, looks nice and is available - any thoughts on the place?

Thanks again for your reply - much appreciated.

Stu.

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

I like the appearance of The Franciscan Inn from the outside. It's in a good neighborhood - West Beach - near the Harbor and Wharf, but located one block into the neighborhood away from the bustle of Cabrillo or Castillo St. (There aren't any bad neighborhoods in SB, but there are better neighborhoods than others.) I've never seen a room or the lobby. Nice presentation on their website. I'd say go for it especially if the price is right.

Otherwise, DCinDC says there is a $110/nite internet deal on the Montecito Inn. I dunno about that, though. That is a very good price. There is a bit of romance there. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33045-i106-k90685…

4. Re: Hotels in Santa Barbara for a honeymoon couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 20, 2009