We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorba Linda, CA, USA
Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

any suggestions on bed and breakfasts?

California
1. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

Having been a resident manager at one of Santa Barbara's bed and breakfasts many years ago, I am familiar with some of them -- most of them. All are quite nice. Many of them offer a variety of rooms with different room features and different room sizes. and configurations.

I suggest that you make a list of the amenities and room features that are important to you, and then focus on your list as you do your research.

What size bed? Do you want a fireplace in your room? A whirlpool tub for two? The option of breakfast delivered to your room? A large room? A smaller room? Ocean views? Close to State Street? Close to the trolley? Close to the beach? If you are visiting in warm months, is room air-conditioning important to you? Would you like a swimming pool or a spa on the property? Do you want your room to be located in the *main house* or would you like or prefer to be in a cottage, or in a room in another building either on the property or across the street?

Also, be sure to ask if the bathroom is *en suite*.

Enjoy your time in Santa Barbara!

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

The Simpson House Inn is highly rated, has a great reputation, is close to downtown, and next to a pretty park - Alice Keck Park Park. The Cheshire Cat Inn is close to downtown, is on a street with other Victorian homes - I would try for a room in the main house.

Edited: 2:49 am, August 30, 2013
Santa Barbara...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

There are a variety of Bed & Breakfast type lodgings. Most hotels in SB offer some kind of breakfast option, so if breakfast included is your criteria, then there's a lot of choices.

My hotel is considered by many to be a B&B. Trip Advisor lists us in the B&B/Inn category. There's a plethora of hotels to choose from in West Beach, which is IMHO the best part of Santa Barbara to stay in.

Happy hunting!

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

We missed the breakfast when we stayed, so I often forget about the B in the Eagle Inn - Great hotel in a great neighborhood.

Edited: 12:11 am, August 31, 2013
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

We liked The Upham B & B some years ago. Check them out.

6. Re: Santa Barbara CA bed and breakfasts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 02, 2014