We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galway
Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

Hi.

As the title suggests - does anyone know which airport would be closest to Santa Barbara that has direct flights from NYC?

Santa Barbara's own airport has no direct flights to or from NYC.

Would it be LAX?

Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

I presume you mean a non-stop flight. Yes LAX would be the only airport to have non-stops from the NY area airports. As you may know NY area uses 3 airports, LGA, JFK and EWR which is in Newark. Check all 3 please for the best deals or fares. If you use www.kayak.com and click on the search nearby airports on the NYC side, you can compare fares.

JetBlue flies non-stops from JFK to Long Beach Airport but it is further South of LAX and therefore further from Santa Barbara

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
2. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

Burbank airport (BUR) is ever so slightly closer to Santa Barbara than LAX is (about 90 vs. 98 miles) and Jet Blue flies there nonstop from JFK. BUR is a lot smaller than LAX, so much quicker to get in and out of. But I'm guessing you'll be able to find a better price JFK (or other NY airport) to LAX non stop than the Jet Blue flight to BUR.

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 47
3. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

The above post from MachThree is valuable info. Burbank is INDEED closer to Santa Barbara in distance but WAY easier to get into and out of. I have flown in and out of Burbank before and would do it again for your scenario if it were me.

You could even catch an Amtrak train right outside the Burbank airport headed to Santa Barbara (probably $35 or so one way). Or simply rent a car. Either way, its an option that has less headaches than LAX would involve.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
4. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

Ah, I forgot about Amtrak at the Burbank airport - that's an excellent point as well as it can save you doing the drive yourself.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
5. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

Good to know Jetblue flies non-stop from BUR. It is by far a more convenient airport than LAX and you can get out rather quickly with a rental car or I guess using Amtrak above. Worth a few extra bucks more if the tickets are more expensive that LAX.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
6. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

By the way, also worth mentioning that there is bus service between LAX and Santa Barbara (and surrounding communities) - Google for Santa Barbara Airbus.

7. Re: Closest Airport With Direct Flight From NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014