We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

We've never been to Santa Barbara and we are planning a trip. What is the best beach for swimming and lounging and we are hoping to get a hotel or house to rent that is close to this beach but we are not really familiar with the are.

Santa Barbara, CA
reviews: 107
1. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

The thing about Santa Barbara beaches is that it is an embarrassment of riches. There are so many beautiful beaches that it would be almost impossible to recommend that one special, perfect, beach. You can start here www.santabarbara.com/activities/beaches/ In order to help you out, we would need to know your budget, do you have small children, what sort of activities are you interested in, just lounging, shopping, fine dining, etc. You can pay anywhere from less than $200 a night all the way up to a few thousand a night. There are places in the city, near the city, and outside the city. Would you prefer to rent a place or stay in a hotel?

Edited: 11:41 am, June 27, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
reviews: 15
2. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

Here is a map I put together with most of the local beaches. sbadventureco.com/blog/…

I really like East Beach for family lounging and relaxing. You will probably get a lot of different answers though. There are several good options.

Have fun!

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

I would say Butterfly beach HANDS DOWN. After that maybe East Beach or Padaro Beach (just south of summerland).

Sacramento...
4. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

Great thanks!!! Very helpful. I did read a few people loving the East beach and Butterfly beach. We have no kids, just me and my husband. We just want to relax and lounge and check out the town as well. Just like a mini get away. Now I know where to look, maybe in Montecito and Summerland area. How far is Montecito and Summerland to downtown Santa Barbara?

Santa Barbara, CA
reviews: 107
5. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

5 - 10 minutes drive.

g

Santa Barbara...
6. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

10 minutes at the most but East Beach is In Santa Barbara

Edited: 9:51 pm, July 01, 2012
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
7. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

I used to live at East Beach so I am partial to it. There are several hotels at East Beach including Fess Parker's Doubletree, the Santa Barbara Inn, The Hyatt Santa Barbara and the Old Yacht Club B&B to name a few.

Sacramento...
8. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

Great!!! Thank you so much! All responses were very helpful! Now I am getting more excited! Thanks!!!

Santa Barbara...
9. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

Montecito is 6-8 minutes from downtown SB. Summerland is 10 minutes.

10. Re: Beaches in Santa Barbara, Ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2013