We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hearst Castle

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 31
Hearst Castle

We are traveling to San Simeon next week and are wondering what the conscensus is re: Hearst Castle tour.

Is it worth seeing and if so, which tour should be take?

Thank you,

Pattyy

7 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Hearst Castle

That's one of the biggest reason to go to San Simeon. But whether it's worth it or not is up to you. We have done it three times.

Kitchener
reviews: 99
2. Re: Hearst Castle

I wondered the same thing up until the last minute. We went on Sunday and are so glad we did! It is a must see attraction -- for the location, the gardens, the history and the view -- never mind the fabulous house. Plan to go!

Boston, MA
3. Re: Hearst Castle

Which tour would one suggest we take

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
reviews: 9
4. Re: Hearst Castle

You can best make the decision as to whether the place is for you, and which tour you'd like, based on the descriptions on the website (www.hearstcastle.com) and the TripAdvisor reviews for Hearst Castle. Everyone is different in what interests them.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
5. Re: Hearst Castle

<I wondered the same thing up until the last minute. We went and are so glad we did!> Ditto - initially had doubts but it was really good and very interesting. We did the Grand Rooms Tour and this was a good choice for us. Of course, not having done any of the other tours on offer, we don't know if it was the 'best' tour. It seems to be the tour most recommended for first time visitors.

Boston, MA
6. Re: Hearst Castle

So I just booked the grand room tour thank you all so much

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
7. Re: Hearst Castle

So how was it?

Reply to: Hearst Castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted