We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, CA
Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

In April my husband and I will be going to the San Simeon area to visit Hearst Castle. We will be staying 2 nights. What is a good place to stay? I was thinking the Sea Breeze Inn (a little bit cheaper than BWC ~~>) or Best western Cavalier. Or a B&B, I'm not sure if that would be worth the money. Also looking for activities for the area besides H. C. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Bakersfield...
1. Re: Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

Go for the Best Western Cavalier; it's very much worth the extra cost. It's our favorite get-away place. We get an ocean view room. The ocean front rooms are nice also. They provide bath robes and binoculars as well as having stocked minibars and fireplaces in the rooms. Their pool is heated. At night they light bonfires on the small cliff overlooking the ocean.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
2. Re: Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

I prefer staying in the next town -Cambria . More choices and cute town with more restaurants and shops. Stay anywhere on Moonstone Beach. If you drive inland to the town of Paso Robles there are wineries to visit.

reviews: 740
3. Re: Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

I agree about staying in Cambria. We like the Blue Whale Inn, The Cypress Cove Inn and the BW Fireside Inn, all located right across the street from Moonstone Beach, on Moonstone Drive. If you would like more specifics on these places, feel free to ask and welcome to the Forum! :)

Ducor,CA
4. Re: Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

My husband and I have visited the coast many times, our favorite place to stay is in Morro Bay (Motel 6),this little town is well worth a walk through and the drive up to Hearst Castle is just about 20 min. It's such a beautiful drive, and by staying at a cheaper place you have more money to buy soviniers. I hope you have a good time.

Walnut Creek CA
5. Re: Looking for lodging and activities in San Simeon area

Don't know if you noticed that there are evening tours of the castle this time of year. We are heading down there this month as well and are trying the evening tour for the first time. According to the official castle web site, there are docents in period dress --sounds cool. And it looks like the tour is a bit of a cross-section of a few of the other tours. Has anyone else out there done the evening tour...? Any comments...?