We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between The Morgan and The Bluebird INN?

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
reviews: 20
Between The Morgan and The Bluebird INN?

which would you choose?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: Between The Morgan and The Bluebird INN?

Well, The Morgan at San Simeon looks quite lovely from what I saw from the photos at their website. The Bluebird Inn (I assume you're referring to the hotel in Cambria?) is just basic, cheap lodging located between Cambria's two shopping districts.

The Morgan is located on the ocean side of Hwy 1 and it's a short walk down to water's edge. San Simeon, itself, isn't that memorable of a location. And while Cambria is a lovely town to be sure, the location of the Bluebird isn't near the water, if that's what you're looking for.

There's only a few minutes separating San Simeon and Cambria, so it all depends on how much you want to spend for your room and whether you want to closer to the ocean or not.

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
reviews: 9
2. Re: Between The Morgan and The Bluebird INN?

I would agree with Kibblesmom...it depends on what you want to do while in this area and what you're seeking in accommodations and room amenities. In Cambria, The Bluebird is surrounded by shops and several restaurants are within walking distance. The Morgan isn't on the water either and, in fact, is right off of Highway 1. But there wouldn't be much traffic evenings or night times so I wouldn't worry about noise. If you're looking for things to do, you might be happier in Cambria. San Simeon has a couple of good restaurants, but basically that's all there is besides more motels.

3. Re: Between The Morgan and The Bluebird INN?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2010