We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday night stay advice

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 11
Thursday night stay advice

Hi

We plan to stop for the night in San Luis Obispo on our drive from Monterey to LA. This will be a Thursday. My understanding is that some roads in the centre of town are closed off for the Farmer's Market. As I'm not sure what time we will reach SLO after our Big Sur drive, I am looking for advice on what areas might be difficult to access and therefore we should avoid booking accommodation in those areas?

4 replies to this topic
Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
1. Re: Thursday night stay advice

Don't let Farmer's Market change your plans. You're coming on the right night--join in!! It's food, music, and all kinds of fun in a crowded pile of people. One of the best farmer's markets in the USA.

The road closures are limited to Higuera Street from Osos to Nipomo Streets (about 5 blocks) and the cross streets between Marsh and Monterey Streets. This happens between 5:30 and 9 PM. This won't affect your ability to get to any accommodation in San Luis. If you want to be able to walk or take the free trolley to Farmer's Market, I'd suggest staying at one of the many motels or hotels along upper Monterey Street. These include the Apple Farm Inn, Peach Tree Inn, LaCuesta Inn among others. Peach Tree is my favorite.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
2. Re: Thursday night stay advice

As there are no hotels located in the center of town where the farmer's market takes place, you have nothing to worry about.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: Thursday night stay advice

We've stayed many times at La Cuesta Inn. It's our current favorite when staying in SLO.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 11
4. Re: Thursday night stay advice

Thank you all for the feedback, we couldn't believe our luck when our itinerary allowed us to stop in San Luis Obispo on the "right" night - the reviews for the Farmer's Market helped us decide on it as our destination for an overnight stop on our road trip.

Thanks again :-)

Reply to: Thursday night stay advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted