We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 77
Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

My husband and i just arrived in SLO as the first stop of a 3 night trek between here and LAX (leaving early Sunday). Wasn't sure if there was a better forum to ask this question but, we would appreciate any advice of things to do along the way. We are hitting the farmer's market tonight. On Friday we are heading south and staying the night in Santa Barbara. Saturday night in Hermosa Beach. We love outdoors/seeing the beautiful sights. Also love to visit wineries. We want to make sure we hit any of the "don't miss" stops along the way this weekend. On our trip up today, we visited the Getty so that is already marked off our to do list. Any help would be appreciated! : )

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 9
1. Re: Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

So you drove up to SLO from LA today and are heading back south tomorrow? Doesn't leave you much time for exploring SLO and surrounds.

There really isn't much in the way of "Don't Miss" stops between SLO and Santa Barbara. I suppose you could enjoy a late evening soak at Sycamore Mineral Springs on Avila Beach Drive, wine tasting tomorrow in Edna Valley (South of SLO via Broad Street/Highway 227), Pismo Beach, the Village of Arroyo Grande. And further south toward Santa Barbara, the Los Olivos/Santa Ynez wine region and the Danish village of Solvang.

Virginia
reviews: 77
2. Re: Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help. You're right, it doesn't leave much time but, we wanted to make the most of the area in the time that we have. The reason for our trip plans is that over the past several years, my husband and I have driven all of the CA Coast except for the stretch I mentioned above. We wish we had more time but while he was here for work, we wanted to close the gap! Just enjoying the warm weather and sights will not be disappointing. LOVED the farmer's market in SLO…what an awesome town and we will definitely be back in the future! Thanks again...

Monterey Bay...
reviews: 39
3. Re: Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

Have breakfast at the Custom House in Avila Beach before heading to SB.

4. Re: Here for the weekend…advice greatly appreciated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014