We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming next year

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisemcbridechris
reviews: 6
Coming next year

Just booked apple farm inn for our one night stop on the drive from San Fran to La

Pretty sure we want to go to Novo for dinner that night which I'm assuming could be walking distance as its on same road?? (I know roads are seriously wrong in US)

It will be a Thursday...will there be many busy bars to go In that area, or a cab ride away for a few drinks?

Don't want anything of a crazy night but a bar or two would be nice (we are late 20s early 30s couple who will have just married in Vegas)

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
louisemcbridechris
1. Re: Coming next year

I meant roads are seriously long! Not wrong

reviews: 708
2. Re: Coming next year

Novo is very good. So is The Gardens of Avila @ The Sycamore Springs Resort. :)

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
reviews: 9
3. Re: Coming next year

Apple Farm is almost to the end of Monterey Street and Novo is a good 10 blocks away, so it depends on how much walking you want to do. It probably would take you 1/2 hour to walk it at a leisurely pace, but it is do-able. Check with Apple Farm to see if there is a trolley running when you are there to take you downtown.

Thursday nights are Farmer's Market night in downtown SLO (where Novo is located), so it will be busy in the restaurants and bars. It's very much a party atmosphere. Depending on when you are coming to SLO, keep in mind it is also a college town. Some bars cater more to the college crowd, while others a quieter atmosphere.

louisemcbridechris
4. Re: Coming next year

What good luck the market is on that evening too

Thanks for your tips guys

We are fairly active so a walk there could be good, but dependant on footwear a cab will be fine too

Any names of any specific bars or will they be fairly obvious in that location?

Austin, TX
reviews: 1
5. Re: Coming next year

Novo is on Higuera Street downtown, so not on the same street but the next block down. Once you're downtown you should just walk around to see what bars appeal to you. SLO is a small place and it's easy to get around downtown. It is about a 30 minute walk from the Inn so I would look into the trolley or a taxi. Downtown will be hopping since it's a Thursday. Have fun!

If you want to stay somewhere right in downtown, you should look into Garden Street Inn.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
6. Re: Coming next year

Yeah, I wouldn't walk from the Apple Farm all the way into downtown SLO. Monterey Street is busy and you have to cross several just as busy or even busier intersections to reach downtown. IMO, it's just too far to walk, especially if you plan on drinking alcohol.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
7. Re: Coming next year

If you want to be closer to the action, look at Gardens Street Inn or the Granada. Both are located in the heart of downtown SLO.

http://granadahotelandbistro.com/

Edited: 1:05 pm, September 12, 2013
Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
8. Re: Coming next year

Here's the link for Garden Street Inn:

http://www.gardenstreetinn.com/

Reply to: Coming next year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted