We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in SLO area for quiet conversation?

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California coast
Restaurant in SLO area for quiet conversation?

In mid-April I will have 3 women guests in the SLO area for a long weekend. We are old friends (in both senses; average age mid-50s) and I am looking for a place for dinner on Friday or Saturday that is not impossibly noisy. We are omnivores, and adventuresome; there are lots of good places I'd love to take them but all have weekend noise levels I find intolerable. Suggestions?

Pismo Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach
reviews: 85
1. Re: Restaurant in SLO area for quiet conversation?

I would first pick Black Cat Bistro in Cambria. They may be able to give you an entire room just to be alone in.

Second choice, I would select a big pink booth at Madonna Inn - but request only a booth. That is pretty secluded for conversation.

Other suggestions are Hoppe's in Cayucos - but tell them you want one of the tables in the back away from the others so you can talk all night. They have the perfect table in a corner in the back.

How about a Sushi Bar or Chinese Restaurant. I have spent many a long night sharing with girlfriends at Manderin Gourmet.

Have a blast!

San Luis Obispo...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Restaurant in SLO area for quiet conversation?

I have found that Windows on the Water is wonderful and peaceful in Morro Bay and the service has been excellent (and the food, of course) when going just with other ladies. That's important to me. You can make a reservation, I think, and request a window table (no booths by the windows).

Do you prefer to stay in SLO?

California coast
3. Re: Restaurant in SLO area for quiet conversation?

I appreciate yours and the previous; and also both of them were a good lesson for my first post; I was not specific about my "area." We would be starting out from near Grover Beach, and Cambria would be farther away than I'd like, but I didn't say that originally! Thanks