We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLO without a car?

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 99
SLO without a car?

Hi and thanks for reading,

I'm considering a train trip from LA to Sacramento, stopping in a few places along the way. I'd only be in SLO for one night and would probably arrive on Sunday evening, so I'd rather not rent a car.

Question is, how feasible is it to see the town without a car?

I noticed that the hostel is reasonably close to the rail station, but I'd rather stay in a hotel ($50-100/night). I'd also most likely get in around 8:30pm. Any ideas?

Also, any insight on the public buses? I'd like to get out to Morro Bay, and it looks like there's a bus running there from Downtown once an hour.

TiA,

Colin

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
1. Re: SLO without a car?

Hi Colin

The SLO train station isn't near any hotels, so you would have to call a taxi to take you to one. Here are a few taxi numbers for you:

Beach Cities Cab Co (805) 543-1234 or (805) 544-1222

For a reasonably priced hotel, I recommend the Peach Tree Inn on Monterey St. It's not far from the downtown corridor where you will wan to be since that's where everything is happening.

For bus info call (805)541-2877

Enjoy your visit

2. Re: SLO without a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 12, 2009