We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLO with kids?

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 3
SLO with kids?

Hello,

Next week my family and I will be traveling up to SLO to visit my sister at college. I will be bringing my 2 year old daughter. Are there any must see things to do with kids that I am not aware of?

We've done Farmer's Market and shopping. We've been to Avila Farms, and the beaches...anything else that kids love that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Maryann

Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
1. Re: SLO with kids?

I love going to Montana De Oro in Los Osos, a short drive from SLO, with my 2 year old daughter. It's very beautiful and peaceful.

You say you've done beaches, so I'm not sure which ones, but if you haven't seen the elephant seals in San Simeon, I highly recommend that, as long as you stay a safe distance away. My daughter loves seeing them.

Have fun in SLO!

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
2. Re: SLO with kids?

Can't think of too many options for your 2 year old. However, there is the Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero, which is over the grade and roughly a 10 mile trip. I've never been, so I'm not sure of it's location, but you can google map it.

There's also the Dinosuar Caves Park on Shell Beach Rd, which has play equipment with a dinosaur theme. She might enjoy that.

Does your daughter swim? There's the Avila Hot Springs pool on the corner of Avila Beach Dr and Ontario Rd.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: SLO with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 20, 2009