We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with a broken leg?

Which San Juan Capistrano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wayne, nj
reviews: 3
What to do with a broken leg?

I will be visiting with family during Thanksgiving holiday weekend with my recovering broken leg. I am in a walking boot now but not walking with it yet- still need crutches and wheelchair. Family is going to a football game Sat following and I am not up for it. What else can I do for the day? I will be with my life partner who will be driving and helping me along the way. He has never been to California so would like him to see some of it. We can't travel too much of the day without some rests for me. Any ideas? Thanksgiving blessings to you all.

5 replies to this topic
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
1. Re: What to do with a broken leg?

California attractions are generally accessible to the disabled. There isn't much that you couldn't do. Have wheelchair and you can do anything you are interested in doing. Even the beaches are accessible to wheelchairs via "boardwalks" and special "sand chairs" (big tired wheelchairs) available for rental.

You can certainly visit Laguna Beach and tour the galleries and shops there.

Theme parks are accessible so Disneyland, Knotts, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo should not be ruled out. At the zoo, you can even tour in a bus if you wish. The Aquarium of the Pacific is also disabled friendly.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule yourself out of the party. Your broken leg may be more psychologically debilitating than it is a physical barrier to your enjoyment of your vacation.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 10
2. Re: What to do with a broken leg?

I would go to Laguna Beach and hang out there. It is the quintessential old California beach town and fairly compact so you don't need to go far.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
3. Re: What to do with a broken leg?

Go on a whale/dolphin watching tour. Capt Daves is a great one.

www.dolphinsafari.com

Since you are in San Juan, you could visit the mission.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
4. Re: What to do with a broken leg?

San Diego Safari Park is also disabled friendly. You can contact them for more information sdzsafaripark.org/planyourtrip/disabilities_…

So. Cal
reviews: 20
5. Re: What to do with a broken leg?

If you plan on staying in South Orange County, downtown San Clemente has Puttin on the Glitz on Saturday from 5-9 pm. It's a festive event to kick off the holidays with bands, carolers, parade, tasting booths, shops open, decorations, Santa etc. Do know the downtown area is on a gradual hill, but the streets are closed off so there's plenty of space with a wheelchair.

Reply to: What to do with a broken leg?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted