We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subaru

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
reviews: 19
Subaru

Does any rental agency rent Subaru at SJC airport?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
1. Re: Subaru

Probably not.

San Diego, CA
reviews: 19
2. Re: Subaru

possibly Budget SJC ??? we'll see when we arrive

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
3. Re: Subaru

Well since you are in San Diego then you can call the local number of each car rental agency and check. No car company will guarantee a suburu. There are rent this exact car options but most are for sports and luxury and higher end SUVs

Good luck

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
4. Re: Subaru

I work in SJ and we have a lot of out of town guests for work who rent cars - I have never seen anyone with a Subaru. Still though, you could call the different companies and ask.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 101
5. Re: Subaru

"Well since you are in San Diego then you can call the local number of each car rental agency and check."

That doesn't work. I've tried that in the past. Even though it's a local number, you get an operator in India or somewhere who can't look out a window to see what's in SJC's parking lots. Enterprise rents non-fleet vehicles. Budget = Avis, meaning fleet vehicles.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
6. Re: Subaru

I am interested in why you want to rent a Subaru particularly?

We have a Subaru Forester and I love to drive it. And it gets good mileage. But I have never heard anyone request them especially.

Just curious.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
7. Re: Subaru

dartth. perhaps that may be true for SJC I don't know but I have actually called hertz and Avis /budget at SFO and spoken to a person at SFO and not in some call center

I have also called Alamo in SF and spoken to the asst mgr at the Bush street location. No Call center either

Perhaps "mileage" may vary in this case.

This is when you call a local number and find the way to the local desk and not press 1 for reservations

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
8. Re: Subaru

"darth. perhaps that may be true for SJC"

It was very true. I wound up going to the SJC rental car facilities in person to walk through the lots myself to see what was around. And then the specific requests were not honored by Hertz in this case--quite disappointing. Their marketing logos don't mean anything! On the day of the rental, I had to walk through the lots again myself and went with the company that had the car that I wanted. (It was a PT cruiser that incoming family members wanted to drive.)

The local Enterprise agencies seem quite different. I'm often surprised by the vehicles that they rent, like Saturns in the past.

Edited: 1:57 pm, October 28, 2013
San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
9. Re: Subaru

I did a quick search on Yahoo Local for Hertz in San Jose - it shows the different locations, all with local numbers. I didn't call them, but my expectation would be that these are numbers to the local offices and don't roll over to the main corporate customer service line.

http://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_ylt=A0SO8ydisW5SXU4AS7xXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0b2U1bjM1BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1NNRTM0NV8x?p=hertz&addr=San+Jose%2C+CA

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
10. Re: Subaru

Have you tried renting directly from the Subaru dealer?

Many dealer lots provide cars for rental.

Get answers to your questions about San Jose