We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th Fireworks

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turlock, California
reviews: 31
July 4th Fireworks

We will be staying in San Jose on the 4th of July. We would love to find a location/park to watch fireworks that night. I have read online that the municipal park where the San Jose Giants play will be offering fireworks after the game (9:30PM).

Are there other venues that will be offering fireworks that someone can recommend? In the past, we have gone to San Francisco and watched the fireworks at Fisherman's Wharf, however, with the America's Cup celebration, no hotels can be found, or, if there is a hotel available, the price is exorbant. We have also gone to Sacramento on 4th of July and watched fireworks at Cal Expo which was wonderful. Looking for something different this year. Thank you to all in advance!

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 75
1. Re: July 4th Fireworks

I just did a quick search online to see what sort of festivals and things are going on. I didn't come up with much though. In the past, we have had a big festival downtown with music, food, etc. and then fireworks in the evening, but I don't know if that is done anymore. It has been years since I have spent July 4th weekend at home, so I am not really sure what goes on in town these days.

San Jose, California
reviews: 3
2. Re: July 4th Fireworks

please be aware that in San Jose, the july 4 "fire works" offered is a KATY PERRY video of her song "fireworks" on an inflatable movie screen being shown out of doors, don't know exact location

in Cupertino (west of San Jose) they have fire works & Bottle rockets at a local high school

if you want what is commonly known as Pyrotechnics, head to San Francisco (research public transportation options) or check with California's Great America (they have them on nights other than the 4th such as memorial day weekend)

San Jose, California
reviews: 3
3. Re: July 4th Fireworks

DO your research carefully, many local community events end before dusk/sunset/whatever, which means NO FIREWORKS!!!

City of Cupertino fourth of JULY, fireworks NOT mentioned—website says “check back soon!”

http://cupertino.org/index.aspx?page=1083

Shoreline SF Symphony concert & fireworks

Your best bet without a trip of SF, I have never gone (yet), others rate it highly

sfsymphony.org/Buy-Tickets/2011-2012/4th-of-…

MARIN COUNTY FAIR, flexible schedule, fireworks every evening it’s held JULY 3-7

www.marinfair.org/2013/events-attractions

Great America in Santa Clara, near San Jose, even more flexible scheduling, fireworks at July 5 & 6 but not July 4 and on following Saturdays

07/13/13, 07/20/13, 07/27/13, 08/03/13, 08/10/13, 08/17/13, 08/24/13

https:/…Independence-Day-Weekend-Fireworks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
4. Re: July 4th Fireworks

I think Scott's Valley has fireworks. I will check and let you know.

Edited: 9:15 pm, June 08, 2013
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
5. Re: July 4th Fireworks

If you don't mind the drive over Hwy 17, this should be fun. (Only 15 miles from Los Gatos)

http://www.scottsvalley.org/July4.html

Gilroy, CA
reviews: 22
6. Re: July 4th Fireworks

I Know That If You Are Willing To Drive A Few Miles South Morgan Hill Has Fireworks On The 4Th. Not Sure About Gilroy Yet. But Both Have Great Shows. Morgan Hill Has A Great Parade Too And A Whole Day Full Of Events.

Turlock, California
7. Re: July 4th Fireworks

Thanks to all who have responded. Cupertino would probably be our choice, if fireworks are offered there, due to the close proximity to San Jose. Not too eager to go to Scotts Valley, isn't it a 2 lane highway to and from?

Traffic could be a nightmare.

Has anyone gone to the municipal stadium (where San Jose Giants play) and seen the fireworks on 4th of July?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
8. Re: July 4th Fireworks

>>>Not too eager to go to Scotts Valley, isn't it a 2 lane highway to and from?<<<

It is a four lane highway with cement barriers between north and south lanes, all the way, but

>>Traffic could be a nightmare. <<

You are right. I don't think many people come over the hill to watch fireworks in Scotts Valley, but they will be coming over the hill to go to the beaches, and then home again.

Turlock, California
9. Re: July 4th Fireworks

Thanks Puter, I knew there would be another reason for the traffic on that day.

Just looking to stay locally for fiireworks.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
10. Re: July 4th Fireworks

I hope you find some great ones.