We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best airport parking lot

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walnut Creek, CA
Level Contributor
347 posts
14 reviews
best airport parking lot

HI, I need to leave my car for a week; flying out of the San Jose airport. Any opinions on the best lot to use ? Typical considerations like frequency of shuttles, getting driven to my car on arrival, security, and price. Is it necessary to prebook these? Are the prices a lot better if I make a reservation than if I drive on in with no reservation? My concern is selecting one, paying for it and realizing it is not convenient when I get down to San Jose at 5:00 am next Monday. Thanks!

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
11,703 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: best airport parking lot

I dont have an answer - very rarely park at the airport, but maybe now that the holiday weekend is over, someone who knows will see your post.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: best airport parking lot

I live very close to the airport so I haven't had occasion to use any of these, but they all seem to be located along Coleman, and therefore not much farther from the airport than the official long term parking lot. They all promise to pick you up upon arrival and they all have websites with coupons so I would look online to see if you can get a deal.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
28,819 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: best airport parking lot

Err. The long term official airport parking lots all have shuttles. You would prefer a private lot? During the construction of the new terminal we used a private lot because of the traffic near the official lots, and I was not impressed with the service. I do not, however, know the current status. Hopefully somebody who has actually parked at the airport recently can give us some advice.

Edited: 7:15 pm, May 29, 2013
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: best airport parking lot

I think PARK N FLY is best........

ACE PARKING. Double Tree San Jose, 2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA 95110

(408) 453-4000. Valet Uncovered $84. located next to I-101 and CA-87 and less than a 5 minute drive to the airport.

Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
108 reviews
5. Re: best airport parking lot

The long term official airport parkings lots all have shuttles, but they also cost more than twice as much daily than the off-airport parking which mostly all have shuttles. Not knowing any better, I once used the official airport parking for business which paid for it, but it cost so much that my conscience will not permit me to ever use it again.

Besides the locations along Coleman, there are a few hotel lots on 4th St and another location a bit distant on 101 in Santa Clara. I regularly used the Radisson on 4th with its self-park covered parking but I'm not sure if that hotel is still in operation there. If it says anything about the 4th St location, my car got broken into while it was at the Radisson.

Edited: 11:09 am, May 30, 2013
San Jose
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: best airport parking lot

I am a huge fan of Yelp in combination with tripadvisor.

San Jose
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: best airport parking lot

I have tried Park and Fly and that is good. The moment I parked- the shuttle was waiting for me and it promptly took me to the airport.

8. Re: best airport parking lot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 21, 2014