We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
1 post
need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

Hi all!

I am planning a road trip from San Jose to Seattle this March and I need a one-way car rental. I found that Fox-rent-a-car and Advantage-rent-a-car are the most affordable choices. Fox only has a drop charge for $2.69, which I think is unbelievable, while Advantage would charge me for $75. I found mixed reviews for both of them. Has anybody used either of them? Please give me some suggestions. Thank you!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,559 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

The only ones I would recommend would be Hertz avis, budget, alamo and enterprise. They are the major carriers and have the least issues. we always see horror stories about fox and dollar and payless. Not many issues about Advantage but again I would try and find the best coupon or deal and go with the larger company. what if you get stuck in the middle of nowhere ? who can help you among those companies?

Go with the major carriers please

San Jose
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

I used Fox in Las Vegas and had to go off-site on a shuttle and wait in line for another hour. Everything else was fine but I wasted 2 hours on each end of my trip to save a few bucks. If they are located at the airport (sorry, don't know) you may be fine. The car was new and in great shape, as expected.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

I've had good luck with Dollar for one way rentals, must pick up/drop off at major airports. Haven't checked drop of charges for your route but did SJC to Reno airport today with $0 drop charge.

San Jose, California
1 post
4. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

can i ask you which company you chose, and would you recommend it? We are planning the same ride in a week. :)

Myrtle Beach, SC
10 posts
5. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

I am planning same trip in July 2014 and would like advice also.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
44,441 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

Hi MyrtleBeachmom96

This is someone else's thread from 2013. It's a good idea to read other ideas and to "lurk", but make your own thread for your trip. If you want current suggestions for a car rental in San Jose, repost here.

Here is a link for the multi-state Road Trips forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri… That's the best place to create a thread about your drive.

San Jose
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

Enterprise may offer this. I priced it for a one way from Orange County to San Jose.

8. Re: need suggestion for one way car rental from SJC to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about San Jose