We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 4
Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

Hello,

Does anyone know of a company that does tours to Sonoma wine country from San Jose (or nearby towns).Trying to avoid having to go into San Francisco to pick up a tour.

thanks,

Mc-D

Ireland.

menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
1. Re: Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

San Jose has its own wine region, so there's no need to go north. But you'll need a car. Search the web under Santa Cruz Mountain wineries. A lot of the properties have very old well established vines and are noted for their reds.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
2. Re: Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

Well, there's San Jose Wine Tour Limo (www.affordablesanjoselimo.com) which goes to both Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley. I haven't heard about how affordable they are or their reputation as a tour co. Wouldn't hurt to inquire. You might also contact Pres. Limo Service in San Jose (www.limousineservicesanjose.com)--but they may not have Sonoma wine tours.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
3. Re: Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

Check with J J Travel Agency in Cupertino, CA. 408-446-5588. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

I go to them mostly for airfares, but I notice racks and racks of local bus tours arranged from Cupertino--like to Hearst Castle, Outlet malls. They cater mostly to ethnic Chinese but if they know of all of these local tours, they may know of where to look for others. I'm if they have something for wine country (Chinese have been big on hard liquor but not wine, but the Hong Kong high rollers have been getting in on the wine scene lately. Japanese are big on ice wine, but that's really not a California thing.), but they would certainly know where you could look if they don't.

Who knows, we could have a few Irish lost amongst Chinese here. California got a railroad out of it the first time such a thing happened.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 4
4. Re: Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

Thanks for the info.

5. Re: Sonoma wine country tours from San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 pm, October 08, 2009