We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Clemente Hotels/motels near the beach

Which San Clemente hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
San Clemente Hotels/motels near the beach

I'm looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a couple of days next week. On the web I've looked at Best Western, Little Inn by the Beach and several others. I'd like to be within walking distance to the pier but can drive there if needed. A oceanview would also be nice. The only perk I'd really prefer would be a balcony.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 8
1. Re: San Clemente Hotels/motels near the beach

Closest hotel to the beach is The Beachcomber.It sits on the bluff just above the sand and is very close to the pier.Maybe 150 feet. Its an older place.

Just across the street from the pier is Casa Tropicana.Its probably 100 feet from the pier.That would have nice views.

The Best Western Casa Blanca is fairly close to north beach and some rooms have partial ocean and street views.You would need to drive to the pier, or go to north beach and walk down the coastal trail to get there.Friends of mine have stayed there many times.

Off of Pico Street is the Holiday Inn Express.Some rooms may have ocean views, not sure.Some rooms have balconies,from what I have seen.I can see it from my house.The entire hotel was remodeled about 2 years ago,when it became HIE.

It is just up the street from north beach, so you need to drive to the pier.

The regular Holiday Inn I believe has ocean views.

The little inn is on the inland side of the freeway.

Another place you could look is Capistrano Beach(Dana Point). There are several hotels all in a row just across the street from the beach.

2. Re: San Clemente Hotels/motels near the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 13, 2011
3. Re: San Clemente Hotels/motels near the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 22, 2013