We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which San Clemente hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calif
reviews: 68
Restaurants

This is the place to eat in San Clemente.

CAFE RAE, 1421 N. El Camino Real. Excellent food choices, large portions, and great taste. Family operated, open for Breakfast & Lunch.

reviews: 716
1. Re: Restaurants

Hi and welcome to the forums! What did you have there that you liked? We loved our time in San Clemente this past 4th of July, beautiful beach and city there! :)

Encinitas...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Restaurants

Lived in SC 11 years and never heard of Cafe Rae. Will have to give it a try. Is it new?

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Restaurants

On other forums people get blasted if they only have one post that gives a review about a business. I guess they feel that the owner or friend is posting the "review". I of course am not saying that here. :-)

I have driven by Cafe Rae many times but never been motivated to go in. Doesn't mean it isn't good though. It has been there awhile.

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 7
4. Re: Restaurants

I've never been there. So that aside, my favorite up-scale restaurant is Iva Lee's for their food, hospitality and music. Order a mint julip from the bar.

For take-out, you cannot do better than Pedro's Tacos - my favorite is the fish taco.

Everyone has to go to Fisherman's at the pier at least once to check out the view. My advice for dinner is Fishermans, bar side (not the restaurant) for drinks and appetizers (clam chowder in the sourdough bowl is a winner), watch the sun set, then head up Del Mar to Iva Lee's for dinner.

Los Angeles
reviews: 4
5. Re: Restaurants

I also always liked the barside of the fisherman a lot better. Views are second to none and I guess the casual atmosphere just suits me better

San Clemente CA
reviews: 30
6. Re: Restaurants

great places to eat in San Clemente-for fine dining, The Vine/for casualish-Beachfire, Billy's Deli, Pacific Seafood (new and in old town square), Carbonara's, Calypso Cafe (in a courtyard on del Mar)

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 5
7. Re: Restaurants

amen on the bar side at fishermans. View is great, drinks are good and the food is good enough.

Dinner side... yawn.

Los Angeles
reviews: 4
8. Re: Restaurants

I never liked the Dinnerside aswell, but can not beat the location at there patio by the bararea(to your right when you walk on to the pier)

Mission Viejo...
reviews: 41
9. Re: Restaurants

Why do I think we won't get further details from the OP?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
10. Re: Restaurants

Never even heard of it.Where is it?I see an address but what is it near?