We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auburn, American River tube float

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rocklin, California
Auburn, American River tube float

I've done the Truckee river float many times in Tahoe, but have heard of a similar float starting in Auburn CA. Does anyone know where you can casually float the American River for a couple hours starting up in the Auburn/Foothills area??

Thank you

1 reply
Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 107
1. Re: Auburn, American River tube float

Hi Greg. Sounds like fun. We used to float the American from up the river ages ago. Inner-tubes strapped together. Nice relaxing day. Is it tubes you'll be floating on or are you looking at something some company provides?

You're local though. This forum is mostly read by people coming from out of the area traveling into the Sacramento area from far away places. Have you checked with any of the local outdoors stores, such as REI? They would probably know. Plus, since you're so close to Auburn, a little drive through town might do it. Two of my cousins live there but they're old so probably don't know.

Good luck. Try your contacts in Truckee (since you've done it so many times), REI and a drive through town. I'm a bit unclear on your question as to whether you're looking for a company that sponsors the floats or whether you have your own equipment and just want to get into the river somewhere. More information?

Reply to: Auburn, American River tube float
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted