We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, SC
reviews: 29
Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

I will be in Sacramento for business, but would like to add on a few days and possibly see San Francisco. Is there any tour company that picks up in Sacramento and takes you to San Francisco, or should I just rent a car? I see some great looking tours with pick up in San Francisco and seems that would be easier than me trying to figure it all out myself, especially with only one day. Any suggestions if there is no tour from Sacramento, best way to get to San Francisco?

Thank you!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

Amtrak. The Capitol Corridor line runs from downtown Sac to Emeryville and then a dedicated Amtrak bus to SF. There are five bus stops in the city so be sure to buy your ticket for the one you want. If you're picking up a specific tour, let us know where it picks up and we can assist with which Amtrak stop would be closest.

Are you planning on staying over in SF? In which case having a car wouldn't be a good idea. However, if you're just coming in for a day then it's possible that renting a car and driving in/paying for parking would be less expensive and probably take a bit less time as well. However, the drive from Sac to SF isn't particularly fun or scenic.

If you have further detailed questions on SF you might get faster response if you post in the SF forum. I passed this thread by a couple of times because I have no knowledge of tours leaving from Sacto.

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

Another way to get from Sacramento to SF is via MegaBus. It's a 2 hour direct bus if the schedule works for you. If you get the tickets ahead, they are less than $10pp each way.

https://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx

Columbia, SC
reviews: 29
3. Re: Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

Thanks!!

4. Re: Is there a Tour of San Francisco that leaves from Sacramento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, July 15, 2015