We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change my hotel booking ???

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 1
Should I change my hotel booking ???

I Have the homewood suites Natomas booked but am wondering if I should change to the residence inn downtown Capitol park due to its location ? They are coming up about the same for 3 nights however the parking is free at the homewood suites and I'm not even sure where it would be at the residence or if the residence will be within walking distance to restaurants and worth making the change ?

Also, would anyone be able to tell me if the sofa beds in the studio can accommodate 2 children as it's saying upto 3 people on booking.com ?

Thanks

14 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
reviews: 1
11. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Just to update, we have changed our booking to the Residence inn Downtown Capitol Park.

Hoping parking is not an issue, just need to look into this and also which restaurants are within walking distance.

Thanks for your help people !

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
12. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

It is at a very good location. Many restaurants (within 5 to 6 bocks) are within walking distance. There are high, mid, low tier restaurants. Can have 1 to 2 dozen restaurants to choose from, see which match your wish the best.

San Francisco Bay
reviews: 13
13. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Great, Peanuthead. Your parents will have a much better day, and I won't have to worry about them anymore.

Make sure they drink water, even though it won't be humid, it will be very hot and dry, and the heat can do a number on older people. You too! Sun cream!

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 45
14. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Peanut: here's one mans' opinion on good dining within walking distance of Residence Inn. Disclaimer: I said "walking distance"- there's tons more that are more than six blocks away. And yes, I have enjoyed all these places many times. Lastly, I won't tell you about a place I have not been.

Capitol Garage: The sign says "Fodder and Libations", but they should say The Best Hamburgers Downtown, at least according to me. What makes it great is the rest of the menu is varied, eclectic, farm-fresh and check the dessert counter before ordering.

Cafeteria 15L; Local chef Mason Wong has tried a few different presentations at this location, and all have been interesting. I'd call this good American Food with a vibrant bar scene. Something for everyone.

The Porch: from the same owners as the CapGarage, this is a Southern style American experience. Do not miss the Southern Fried Chicken.

The Press Bistro: east on Capitol Ave., this place has tons of wine selections, interesting tapas choices and a small but varied menu.

Michelangelo's, on I (eye) st: Intown Italian, not known for red sauce dishes, but all types of Italian. Intersting art for sale on the walls, everchanging.

Ella: one of the more recommended places to eat, large, loud, somewhat touristy- but very good.

Grange: certainly my personal favorite when it comes to "hotel dining rooms". Located at Citizen Hotel, fabulous presentations of locally sourced foods and produce.

Mulvaney's Building and Loan: is not a bank, but a very good, serious foodie restaurant. Has gone from #1 to #20 and somewhere in between on TA's ranking of Sacramento places for years.

Reply to: Should I change my hotel booking ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted