We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change my hotel booking ???

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 1
Should I change my hotel booking ???

I Have the homewood suites Natomas booked but am wondering if I should change to the residence inn downtown Capitol park due to its location ? They are coming up about the same for 3 nights however the parking is free at the homewood suites and I'm not even sure where it would be at the residence or if the residence will be within walking distance to restaurants and worth making the change ?

Also, would anyone be able to tell me if the sofa beds in the studio can accommodate 2 children as it's saying upto 3 people on booking.com ?

Thanks

San Francisco Bay
reviews: 13
1. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

What is your purpose of staying in Sacramento for three days? You have a car, right?

This is an airport hotel and not near downtown Sacramento.

Give us more info and we can help you.

Leeds, United...
2. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

We will have a car yes. We will be staying for 3 nights after San Francisco and before Yosemite. Travelling with our 2 children and my parents. We are thinking of going to the waterpark one day and possibly upto the American river to do some white water rafting . The time spent actually in Sacramento for us will mainly be on the evenings although my parents will probably be spending a day there.

Thanks

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 82
3. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Natomas is a bit outside central Sacramento and definitely an area where you will be driving to pretty much everything. There are some shopping centers out in that area, mostly chain stores and restaurants. That area was built with cars in mind - very suburban.

The Residence Inn Capitol Park is in the center of Sacramento, a block from the Capitol, easy walking distance to restaurants. The Residence Inn has a parking garage next to the hotel. Their web site should have the details (www.marriott.com). You can actually book directly through the Marriott site if you like.

So which is better really depends on what you plan to do with your time in Sac. As for a sofabed accommodating 2 children, I am sure it would, but make sure you make your reservation for the number of people who will be in the room. There may be fire codes in place that restrict the number of people in the room or Booking.com may just be inaccurate about the number of people suitable for the room - best to check with Marriott directly.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 47
4. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

All things being equal, I think you are better off intown at the Residence Inn. You'll be so much closer to everything, dining, Old Town, the Capitol. Even if there is an upcharge for parking, I would switch. Natomas is rather remote to anything worth seeing and doing, as it was built out primarily as a residential area.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 33
5. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Ditto what Dave said.

There are great local restaurants all around the Residence Inn.

Leeds, United...
6. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Thanks guys. I've had a closer look at the residence and for the same price as a one bedroom suite at the home wood suites, I can only have a room for max of 3. Think I may have to stick with my original booking as a a room for 4 is working out nearly double 😟

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 33
7. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

Have you called the Residence Inn directly and spoken with them about the kid factor?

Another option may be the Inn Off Capitol Park.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
8. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Natomas, but we were in the area to see properties, not visit downtown. Nice hotel, but not within walking distance of any particularly good restaurants. On one night we were able to fill ourselves up at the free evening happy hour, which included food. If you're in town to see Sac, I'd stay in Sac. Preferably downtown.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
9. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

p.s. if the kids like fast food, there are some options nearby http://goo.gl/maps/tNGJZ Also a Safeway supermarket not too distant. Lots of better restaurants in Sacramento, including Fat City in Old Sacramento and Frank Fat's (long-standing Chinese restaurant) downtown.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 121
10. Re: Should I change my hotel booking ???

peanuthead,

Been out of the country so missed your note but, in reading what you are looking for, have you already made reservations and when are you coming?

It sounds like 4 adults and 2 youngsters so you were already planning on renting two separate rooms? You mentioned 4 but it sounds like you are 6.

If possible, do not stay out in the Natomas area, if your parents want to be around places to walk, including restaurants.

Please check back in, if you haven't already made reservations. Can't imagine staying out in Natomas, if you're coming from England. It's for people like me (who grew up in Sac and has to visit regularly) or business people or people on their way to Tahoe. Not for people who want to be near restaurants and walk, in a real city, rather than out in suburbia/industrial land. Nothing against Natomas, if everyone has a car ---- but if some don't --- not the best way to see Sacramento, IMO.

There are places with free parking in downtown Sacramento, depending on what you need for your group of 6. Let us know if you still need help.