We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 3
New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

It's been a year since we've been to Sacramento. We always stay near Cal Expo, and usually have dinner one night in or near the mall.

We are looking for casual (we miss Peppermill) and know we always have Cheesecake Factory as a fallback option.

Any new places we should check out this year? Or maybe a small place we aren't familiar with?

18 replies to this topic
Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 94
11. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Completely agree with TSS. I'm a "non" chain person and couldn't tell that the OP had a Mimi's near them, as the avatar just said *California.*

I like Elephant Bar also, for the food and specials and ambience, though louder than I like. What I don't like is big parking lots with chain restaurants.

Since Fulton Avenue was mentioned above (and if the OP loves good Mexican food), our favorite over the years is La Rosa Blanca on Fulton. Family-owned for years. We used to go to the one on Auburn Blvd.

The food is authentic and as good as being in Mexico. The menu is varied. The prices are reasonable. It's a 15 minute drive or so from where you are staying.

La Rosa Blanca

2813 Fulton Avenue

916 484-6104

www.larosablanca.com

PS to edit: The link doesn't seem to work but I got to it by a Google on the restaurant name.

Edited: 4:42 pm, February 26, 2014
Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 94
12. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Just re-read tripjunky's post more slowly.

How about you make a list of those 75 places, tj? You could give a dining tour and, yes, it makes me hungry just thinking of the possibilities. Maybe a list in the Top Questions? ----------------------------------->>>>>>>>

(It's my lot in life, growing up in the NE area of Sacramento, living for years near Arden Fair ----- Midtown is way more interesting these days). <sniff>

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 33
13. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Ok Marly,

Here's a start.

From west to east.

Delta Bar & Grill and the Pilot House. Both on the Delta King.

Rio City Cafe

Happy Pita Cafe

Fat City

Ten 22

Firehouse

Tower Bridge Bistro at the Embassy Suites

River City Brewing Co.

Bangkok @12 (best Thai food anywhere)

Pizza Rock

Crest Cafe

Ella

Esquire

Frank Fats

Dawson's

Chop's

Blue Prynt

Cafe Bernardo

Burgers and Brew

Magpie Cafe

Jim Denny's

La bonne Soup

Tower Cafe

Willie's Burgers

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
14. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Just so you know; things changed dramatically when my wife couldn't make the trip. So dinner ended up as appetizers at BJs, at the bar watching basketball, and a piece of cheesecake from CF for dessert.

But thanks for all your help.

Sacramento...
reviews: 13
15. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

There are a few good independent restaurants near the Arden Fair/Cal Expo area.

1. Mama Kim Eats serves upscale creole cooking ( http://www.mamakimcooks.com ) at 1616 Del Paso Blvd

2. Seasons 52 (http://www.seasons52.com) is fresh new American cuisine (located in the front of the mall)

3. Chando's Tacos (http://www.chandostacos.com) is great inexpensive mexican food at 863 Arden Way

4. Cafe Europa (http://www.cafeeuropasac.com) if you like Greek food at 1537 Howe Ave

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
reviews: 28
16. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

I see there is an In and Out burger there. How long has it been there? I don't remember it when I was there a couple of years ago, or did I just miss it?

sacramento ca
reviews: 1
17. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

fairly new...within past 2 years

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
18. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

RE: In and Out

They took over the location where it used to be Macaroni Grill, which had been closed since about 2009. For quite a long time the old building (MG) stood, until In and Out took over...

yelp.com/biz/…

Reply to: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted